Steel Tempest

Moderator: Pirkka

Moller

Steel Tempest

Post by Moller »

Now I know some of you guys might be in this movie, so what is your real review of it? Uniforms, story line, acting etc etc.. I've had it for a few years and watched again the other night. The cover says that the movie is in the same category as Stalingrad, Das Boot and the Iron Cross...

cheers
Sturmschar

Re: Steel Tempest

Post by Sturmschar »

:lol: Ah ha ha ha ha ha :lol: - Steel Tempest aka Steel Sex Pest.

An utterly execrable offering from Cromwell Films, filmed largely at Longmoor about fifteen years ago, its only shred of credibility is the SBG, its a film which makes Inglorious Bastards look like a finely honed historical docudrama but with the production values of charity night at the W.I. :evil:
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ha ha ha ha ! In the same box as Cross of Iron - as long as it's on VHS!!!!!!

As described by Sturmy...... We were the mortar crew and supplied the faust that Gurowski fired along with some pyro effects. There are some classic bits of cinema in it. Like when he says he can't start the bike because the keys aren't in it! And when the geezer with the MG42 runs in and tries to spray a burst from the hip. CLICK it goes, CLICK CLICK CLICK Misfire he curses! class!!!!!

I have a copy tucked away somewhere..... I might transfer it to DVD and bring it to a show next year for posterity
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Oh do it for Belters please please oh please, it will kill me with laughter
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

No need to copy it HG, I have it as a DVD release... and yes its a terrible film! It ticks all the boxes for authenticity, correct kit etc but ham acting and poor script and direction let it down...

If you really want to run it at Belters you can use my copy...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

I was the young SS Pz Gren. in the half track when that guy was giving his speech to the troops , where have the years gone ????????? In fairness it was a great weekend in Longmoore Camp .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
aussoldat

Post by aussoldat »

From a reenactment stand point the guys would have loved it. But from a movie stand point it was pure crap. The officer who played the main role looked like always needed to do a shit. And don't get me started on the supply guy with the eye patch.
KDF

Post by KDF »

Steel no good is what we called it.

Dreadful waste of time and ( not much money).

I remember standing with the other AFRA Windhund lads and this `bloke` starts his speech, turning to the others and asking who is he, and what`s he on about ? It was that windy we couldn`t hear anything, which was just as well.

Deary deary me.
Founder member of AFRA.
JDR

Post by JDR »

I was a member of KP1 and was standing in the crowd with other members and like KDF says when the bloke started his speech we looked at each other and wonder who he was. :lol:

Remember the plastic German helmets, and the actors staged acting dead on the rubble.

The battle that weekend was excellent thou really enjoyed it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426583/
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
KDF

Post by KDF »

I`d completely forgotten about those awful Grey plastic helmets...:)
Founder member of AFRA.

Return to “Books, films & other media”