Jackboots (Landser outfitters, how do they hold up?)

Moderator: Feldjager

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Jackboots (Landser outfitters, how do they hold up?)

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D4

This is not expensive for a pair of jackboots, for example the crappy sturm ones are E150!

Are these of good quality, and how do they fit? wide shaft? I have " muscular" (fat) calves...
Mikkel

Re: Jackboots (Landser outfitters, how do they hold up?)

Post by Mikkel »

Worst repros I have yet seen.

Whats wrong with the Sturm ones?
Sheikh Al Stranghi

They fall apart after light use.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Sounds like the users didn't know how to take care of their footwear.

One guy i reenact with got the sturm boots, and have used them extensively for the last year or so, and they hold up fine. Even to the harsh swedish soil.
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

Sorry, it has nothing to do with the care of the boots, sounds like the chinese manufacturer has no idea how to make proper German marching boots!

The "Sturm" boots are not really well done, the soles are only glued (not sewed) and the leather is also more a leatherette stuff. The "Sturm" boots are only good enuogh if you dont use it.These boots are only good on a mannequin in a museum. But what can you expect for this price ?

The "Landser outfitters"- boots looks like converted post war boots to me, stay away !
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

You get what you pay for its an old saying and its True I would say the best out there are Richard Underwoods old run Boots or Thomas at ZM if you do get from Thomas make shure they are maked ZM
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Schuetze Arsch> Are you basing your writings on experience or by "reenactors expertise" collected on internet pages?
Please re-read what I wrote.

The problem with RUs boots (and basicly any other mass-produced reenactor jackboot) is that the calf is extremely wide. So unless you are one of the persons mentioned in the currently active controversial topic on AHF, you get boots that are (way) too wide.
Rentsel

Post by Rentsel »

I would say that sturm jackboots are very good if you dont want to waist 450$ for LB boots.If you know any local cobbler they could make the calfs of sturm boots smaller.Also sturm jackboots soles are both glued and sewed. You can get sturm jackboots about 125-130 eur now. I have worn sturm jackboots and lowboots for 2 years ,several times a month and they will last several years more. Very good for the price. Im sure i will buy next boots from sturm again.

BTW these landser boots on ebay look like total crap.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Schuetze Arsch wrote: The "Landser outfitters"- boots looks like converted post war boots to me, stay away !
At least with post war "Bundy" boots you know they have been made to last :D,
unlike some certain repro boots that are made today :roll:
I have a pair of Post-War Swiss mountain boots which look like they could
withstand being run over with a T34 :lol:

Regards P. :wink:
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Mikkel wrote:Schuetze Arsch> Are you basing your writings on experience or by "reenactors expertise" collected on internet pages?
Please re-read what I wrote.

The problem with RUs boots (and basicly any other mass-produced reenactor jackboot) is that the calf is extremely wide. So unless you are one of the persons mentioned in the currently active controversial topic on AHF, you get boots that are (way) too wide.
That's actually good for me. The problem for me is, I have wachtbattalion boots that are too narrow. SSroom jackboots are also too narrow in the shaft. DDR combat boots are also too narrow... I guess I ride the bicycle too much in combination with having short legs. Which boots would you recommend, apart from the sturm ones? I can confirm rifleman ass's story - the sturm ones have monkey metal hobnails and are glued...
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

The polish ones are of a superior quality, and not _that_ expensive. The (polish made) ones carried by mr. Underwood also have the wider calf (I'm not sure if he got any in stock right now, but you can contact him and ask). Zeug also said they carried the polish lowboots, so perhaps they can get the jackboots too.

As for the sole and hobnail quality on the sturm boots. My first group MG gunner got the sturm lowboots and have used them extensively for more than 1½ years since he got them. They hold up just fine. They need some love and care plus a few tricks, but other than that, you can abuse them, and they will last fine.
My polish made lowboots have also lost hobnails, also earliy in their life, this is normal with rough use. so I don't see the problem.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Mikkel wrote:The polish ones are of a superior quality, and not _that_ expensive. The (polish made) ones carried by mr. Underwood also have the wider calf (I'm not sure if he got any in stock right now, but you can contact him and ask). Zeug also said they carried the polish lowboots, so perhaps they can get the jackboots too.

As for the sole and hobnail quality on the sturm boots. My first group MG gunner got the sturm lowboots and have used them extensively for more than 1½ years since he got them. They hold up just fine. They need some love and care plus a few tricks, but other than that, you can abuse them, and they will last fine.
My polish made lowboots have also lost hobnails, also earliy in their life, this is normal with rough use. so I don't see the problem.
Fact is they're made of monkey metal. If you do any close order drill on a tarmac, they will grind off quickly.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

those repros look like wellington boots :shock:

stick with the wacht boots just neats foot them every day and they will give

i have had the same jackboots for 9 years had them resoled last year they will last another 30 years now

i too have calfs like a rhino :lol:
Sean

Post by Sean »

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9787&start=15

I posted a picture the the Polish made Jackboots in that thread. In comparison to the Sturm ones, well i dont need to say much really.
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

NONE of richies jack boots fitted me i either looked like an 80s throwback or like i had a pair of flippers on!

i think most of these repro boots are made to thin for the width of my feet and if they are wide enough they are then too long

unfortunatly ape like individuals like me have to live with it :lol:

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”