Valkyrie

Moderator: Pirkka

Gren-Schell

Re: Valkyrie

Post by Gren-Schell »

mario33 wrote:At that time AH was bodyguarded mostly by Führer Begleit Battalion, which was part of GD unit (Heer).
Thank you Mario, that's cleared that up! I did see one (or 2) SS officer's standing in front of the concrete bunker... I'm sure of it?
I wonder what happened to Reimer's men after they had to let all the SS and Golden Pheasants go? :lol: :lol:
"It is off to ze Eastern Front for you...."
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Sean

Post by Sean »

I went to see the film yesterday evening and thought it was excellent. The ONLY thing i found (and this is being ever so slightly anal) was no one seemed to run like they were wearing hobnailed boots!!!!!!!! :lol:
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

I just saw it (Flemish premiere) and i like it. I just don't understand why he would take a seat in his kubel when the Kittyhawk is attacking? I would have run away from the vehicles...

Wasn't hitlers personal aircraft an Fw200 later in the war? They did their best, becouse there is no surviving example of a Fw200 in the world. Lufthansa is restoring a wreck fished out of the East sea a few years ago, but that's it.

I saw one "original" (well converted one) Messerschmitt 109 and one Hispano 1112 (Spanish licence with Rolls Royce engine) in the begining of the movie and the Spanish Messerschmitt stands also in the hangar (engine slightly covered/camouflaged) at Tempelhof airfield when they arrive in Berlin after the bomb went off.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

I spoted a few nice krads, nice solo Zundapp KS600, Ks750 combination and BMW R75 combination. when I get the dvd I'l go through it all frame by frame like you do!

Oh i would point out the correct radio stop clock in the radio truck the Von Treskow was sitting in! The truck looked to be a mercedes einhietsdeisel.

There did seem to be a lot of unbuttoned tunics tho!

I thoroughly enjoyed the film, I cant wait to get the dvd!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Gruss gott kameraden :D

Good pic, nicely put together gear, couldn't spot any cock ups ???

Speaking about Stauffenberg though, according to some he wasn't the goody hero
everybody thought he was ??
Even though Staffenberg and the rest of the conspiritors were no fans of Hitler, it wasn't
due to the fact they were all against his methods or politics, in fact Stauffenberg was a
staunch Nationalist, apparantly the reason was they were all aristocrats/gentry while
Hitler came from a working class background, and they didn't want a man without
any class running the country lol
It was simply the case that Stauffenberg and the rest were all upper class snobs
I read this previously to watching the film and it does give you a different perspective
on the whole thing.

Regards P. :wink:
Last edited by Peiper on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Last edited by A.Weiss on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Good God! Is that 'Lord' Mandleson being helped out of that compound in the first picture???

Ps. For those of you out there who do not know who ‘Lord’ Mandleson is; he is a corrupt, lying, thieving British politician who walks on water, and who bears an uncanny resemblance to the Fuhrer in the first photo :evil:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Gren Broich

Post by Gren Broich »

yes,you got a point there :shock:
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Bloody doggy politicians they get everywhere :shock: :lol:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

Great pics where are they from?

Ive not seen those on the official website?

A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Last edited by A.Weiss on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

thanks, the 2nd pic you linked doesnt seem to be there now!

Funny what gets used or gets lost! I heard from a couple of US krad owners that had their bikes in the desert scenes, yet are nowhere to be scene in the movie!

Also the german 88's that Capt Miller refers to in SPR were meant to be filmed along with Millers squad loosing their transport also meant to be filmed but missing from SPR.

John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Shit film, shit film, if tom cruises hand is going to be that far up spielbergs arse????
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
dagda

Post by dagda »

Eh! its not a shit film! Perhaps you can explain its shitness?

Mr Peiper, the conspirators were nationalists yes, by 44 it was all over. hence the idea, a forlorn hope that the western allies would join Germany against Russia, as they feared what would happen!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Peiper wrote:Gruss gott kameraden :D

Good pic, nicely put together gear, couldn't spot any cock ups :lol:

Speaking about Stauffenberg though, according to some he wasn't the goody hero
everybody thought he was :?
Even though Staffenberg and the rest of the conspiritors were no fans of Hitler, it wasn't
due to the fact they were all against his methods or politics, in fact Stauffenberg was a
staunch Nationalist, apparantly the reason was they were all aristocrats/gentry while
Hitler came from a working class background, and they didn't want a man without
any class running the country :lol:
It was simply the case that Stauffenberg and the rest were all upper class snobs :D
I read this previously to watching the film and it does give you a different perspective
on the whole thing. :shock:

Regards P. :wink:
I completely disagree. Who were the 'some' and what was the source??......

The Resistance movement was actually in place in 1938 - Beck spoke openly against Hitler's territorial demands and was forced to resign. The movement continued recruiting under Oster. Others, including Henning Von Trescow came onboard in 1941; VonTrescow after being briefed on plans for the final solution and many others after observing the fledgling attempts at cleansing in the Eastern territories.

The Army resistance movement was primarily an OKH affair - hence the involvement of Staff Officers, many of whom were Junkers and who hailed from families with long military traditions.
The snobbery aspect is disingenuous to say the least; there was a widespread and persistent civilian resistance movement among ordinary Germans involving, among others, Georg Elser, Schulze-Boysen, Maria VonMaltzan, Heinrich Gruber, the Scholls in Munich and others.

There were several attempts at assasination - the Bomb Plot being the most organised and hence successful of the attempts.

Stauffenberg, his associates and the civilians were brave, selfless, were very much committed Nationalists, Patriots and above all, Humanists. They did pay the ultimate price.

It is heartening that some were prepared to divorce their personal obligation to country and humanity from blind obedience. To belittle that does nothing for historical study and perpetuates ignorance.

'Lang heiliges lebhaftDeutschland'

Return to “Books, films & other media”