Feeling very pleased with myself.

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Sturmschar

Re: Feeling very pleased with myself.

Post by Sturmschar »

You can only connect an F33 to the land line via the Field exchange unit (Klappenschrank) using the dialer extension unit (Amtszusatz) or by patching an auxiliary dialer unit (Amtsanschliesser) to the external jack socket and plugging the hand set into the Amtsanschliesser.
If the F33 is connected directly a land line constant voltage would be applied to the lines of your F33 and will cause current to leak through the transformer and bell coils which would cause damage in the long term.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

Absolutely Fantastic job sir! how I envy your ingenuity :D its always awesome when equipment of yester~year's is 1. STILL working and 2. has so much more character than todays stuff and lastly 3. just bloody fun to play with!
die Wille Gottes wird nie nehmen Sie, wo die Gnade Gottes wird Sie nicht schützen.
~~~~~~
Put a German soldier into a box. Close it as tight as you can.

Write on it´s top the warning: " DO NOT OPEN! ONLY IN CASE OF WAR!"
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

as far as i know they connect in a similar way, and can be connected in sequence them selves, the connectors look to be the same SO i cant see any reason whyt this wouldnt work.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Jonathan I am not sure what you are refering to. Fallschirmjaeger was asking wether it is possible to connect an F33 direct to a land line which it is not. You can only connect an F33 to a land line via an Amtsanschiesser 33 (see picture).
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

What did you intend to use the switching board for? Are you planning on hooking up more phones around the house and have them connect to the main phone? Or just decoration? Very impressive indeed. Where did you source your equipment? Do you have a rough schematic of the hook up you'd be willing to post?
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

My main intention was to put together a fully functioning Field Telephone system for use on displays which I have been doing for a while now. However as it seemed a shame to have it stored away for two thirds of the year, because I find it all aesthetically pleasing and because it works so bloody well I have it set up at home. I only have one extension running which is down stairs don't really need more. I have sourced the kit from shows, fairs, reenactors and ebay, there are still one or two bits I am looking for, in particular an operators headset with throat mike!
If you look at top left of the photo you see the La Lb terminals which connect to the land line using a lead I removed from an 80's BT phone. Below these are the Abfr terminals which connect to the desk phone (Tischfernsprecher 38) used for outgoing calls. Top right you can see line 2 of the exchange connected to the extension F33. Hope that answers you questions, the following link allows you to down load a very interesting guide, in English, to the whole German Field Telephone system and equipment which you may find interesting; https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D855176_65_8236360668

johankreig

Post by johankreig »

sory thought he meant a field phone
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

No worries mate.
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

I have a switch board with dialer as well and am interested in doing what you did. Did you just take the guts out of an old telephone and use that to wire the set to a LAN line? Is a sort of converter necessary for the signal?
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Well now here is a poser you must understand I have no knowledge of the American phone system, in Europe most systems support pulse dialling as many Eastern European systems rely on it. You may require a pulse tone converter to make your system work on the USA network, however you don't need to gut a phone all you need is the lead with the multi connector and connect the two live wires to the La Lb terminals of your dialler unit. In the UK it is the red and white wires but this may differ in America these guys are very helpful and are based in the USA http://www.oldphoneworks.com/, good luck let us know how you get on.

Yours till the gin runs out

Andy
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

If it's the same as in Canada (probably is) then you will need the converter, here in Europe these phones are more common (as said before). In the States they modernised it and told people to adapt. As for the wires, should be the brown and the blue, unless you have an older house which still uses red and black.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
sparky

Post by sparky »

Nice work there chief

Just had a thought, is there a gizmo out there that would adapt this to a gsm system, so that this setup coupled be used as a standaplone phone for events, running from a SIM card. Would be handy during the day, you know, more beer, fags, that kind off thing.
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!

Return to “General”