My Replica Enigma

Discuss anything to do with communications here

Moderator: Feldjager

magpie8gd

Re: My Replica Enigma

Post by magpie8gd »

Fantastic work Hauser,your eye for detail is second to none,after building a repro torn fu d2 from scratch,really fancy making one of these,a few telephones and things set up on camp,could really get a good field communications impression going.
Could you let me have the dimensions of the enigma,been trawling through the web,but haven't found anything :?
Also,found a site that makes a circuit board to make a working copy of the enigma,does anyone have experience of one of these ? cant work out if they are the same size or not.
All help and information,greatly appreciated.
Bill
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Hi thanks for intrest ! i have packed it away for the season..but will dig it out in the next week or two and take a few photos...best regards :D :D
AFRA member
magpie8gd

Post by magpie8gd »

Thanks Hauser look forward to seeing them,in the mean time,eventually found a sire with detailed drawings, http://enigma.hs-weingarten.de/download_drawings.php,so now just gathering all the materials together,gonna be a long project for the winter :wink:
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi this is excellent think we need a section on home made items .I would love to see this.

Andy (fellow replicator)
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Yes its a great idea ! i could look all day at the quality jobs the lads are turning out ...! :) :)

My jobs on the go at the moment are...... a 10 line switchboard 50% done.... and my Torn Eb ...i have used a real complete radio front and quite a few internal bits for this job...... Oh and i have another 3 Rotor Enigma 60% built ( this one will work ) anyway keep up the good work lads !! :D :D :D
AFRA member
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Im the same some fantastic stuff bring made.Ive made lots in the past but as were I worked closed down Im limited. My dads got a decent wirkshop. In the past Ive made solid landmines ,20mm flak mags ,G43s ,ZF4 wooden scope boxes. My current project once I finish my mates ZF4 scopr box is a 6x30 bino case , Im not sure how far it will go.

Andy
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

I have been following your build of the .. 6x30 bino case its looking dam good ...there is something about building a piece of kit, ..i feel a sense of satisfaction :) don't forget to keep us posted ! lol
AFRA member
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Hauser thanks and your right it feels good . I'm just finishing my mates ZF4 wooden scope box then back on the bino case.

Thanks Andy

Return to “Radio/signals”