War Crimes Trail Starts in Germany!

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Tychsen

Re: War Crimes Trail Starts in Germany!

Post by Tychsen »

JB
What do you mean source? I have worte It after reading the Wiki on him and watching RT special on it...
Cheers.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

I hope that Justice is served, but the only thoughts that I have are that if this man has commited these crimes then he has had to live with it, knowing what he took part in and not comming forward....It would be hard to live with.

Regards

Jonny
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Jonny wrote:I hope that Justice is served, but the only thoughts that I have are that if this man has commited these crimes then he has had to live with it, knowing what he took part in and not comming forward....It would be hard to live with.

Regards

Jonny
perhapps jonny. But its possible that he was one of those that felt what he was doing was right. If so he's lived all these years with no regrets.
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

And it could be that he was one of the guards who did his job and now takes the blame for all the other guards.

I mean, killing 27 000 people is quite a laborous work for one person...
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

He was not the only one there were hundreds if not thousands that escaped the net, only some of them such as "Klaus Barbie"
and others helped the Yanks after the War and they turned a blind eye to the likes of him and his fellow conspiritors

Cheers Pipes :D
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

My point exactly. Oh well, if it helps someone and something to come to a closure, then sure, hunt down thse horrible war criminals and evildoers and punish them harshly!
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

jeez, let the guy go, his conscience has been eating away at him all these years, if you wanna make him suffer, keep him alive for as long as possible.
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

42gunner wrote:jeez, let the guy go, his conscience has been eating away at him all these years, if you wanna make him suffer, keep him alive for as long as possible.
Says who?

Only he can answer that question and his pre-court behaviour and subsequent charade tend to indicate otherwise.

As Ropes quite rightly says many of those guys took an active part out of belief in what they were doing; some to settle old scores and some to widely held myths regarding the wealth or influence of various ethnic groupings.

Either way, someone has to answer for the crimes and although he may not have personally killed 27,000+, he certainly kept the machinery going by his participation, active or otherwise.....
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

mikebie wrote:
42gunner wrote:jeez, let the guy go, his conscience has been eating away at him all these years, if you wanna make him suffer, keep him alive for as long as possible.
Says who?

Only he can answer that question and his pre-court behaviour and subsequent charade tend to indicate otherwise.

As Ropes quite rightly says many of those guys took an active part out of belief in what they were doing; some to settle old scores and some to widely held myths regarding the wealth or influence of various ethnic groupings.

Either way, someone has to answer for the crimes and although he may not have personally killed 27,000+, he certainly kept the machinery going by his participation, active or otherwise.....

oh....kay, suppose this was your grandfather, one man, especially a low level functionary cant be blamed with a battalion level massacre. He couldnt have organized anything.
You have this happening, and people like SS general Dietrich only accused of a murder done before the war, walking away and dying in peace.....and this guy......still alive, needs to take the brunt of the punishment?

a line needs to be drawn, even in the middle ages you wouldnt see this kind of behaviour, making examples out of old men. :?
"although he may not have personally killed 27,000+" key words
"When fighting monster, beware that you dont become a monster in the process" Nietzsche.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

In my opinion enough is enough, there has been too much water gone under the bridge now,
how long has it been??? over 65 years, c'mon, as stated the guy will meet his maker soon enough,
obviously people when they do wrong have to face justice but too much time has gone by, what
difference will it make now???

The thing they should do in my opinion is what they have done, basically "name and shame him",
and if possible put it on his records, passport or even bus pass that he was a War criminal, brand
him in other words if not physically then mentally, obviously the old guy doesn't feel any remorse
because he hadn't come forward and plus he hadn't lived with the shame because he has kept the
facts hidden for 60 odd years, i reckon this should do the trick.

Its like the saying "History is written by the victors!", well i say "Laws are written by the victors !",
i wonder what the response would've been if it were an Allied soldier on trial, they committed War
crimes too as people know but because the Allies "won" the War none had to stand trial?? :?

Regards Pipes :wink:
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thats the problem isnt it though, the vast scale of what happened cannot be attributed to an individual. I suppose that's how alot got away with it............
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Peiper.
Its like the saying "History is written by the victors!", well i say "Laws are written by the victors !"
Murder , genocide ?
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

shame the russian camp guards have gotten away with it
Sean

Post by Sean »

Yeah but they slotted the majority of there own so all can be forgiven.... shit did I just say that :lol:
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Sean wrote:Yeah but they slotted the majority of there own so all can be forgiven.... shit did I just say that :lol:
Sean dont worry so did Eddie Issard so your ok
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Anything WWII!”