German winter offensive against partisans IX. kcorps

European discussion. Post events here too.
bov1313rf

German winter offensive against partisans IX. kcorps

Post by bov1313rf »

Dear all,
I know it's very late to invite you on our next reenacment event; but anyhow.
date February 13-15 2008

We are going to recreate German winter offensive (March '45) against Partisans IX. corps,
in montains, about 1100 high. It'll be the real battlefiled ground.
we have the same event last year, when friends from Normandy44 (Italy) and Gardekorps (Czech) had join us. It was very nice. this was not a public event, but only for ''our souls''.

This year we'll upgrade the show; include 20cm flak (we'll have abou 20 blank rounds to fire),
Germans will have a mortar team; we'll have simulation of heavy artilery fire and other pyrotechnik stuff. Partisans will mine the road and make a sudden strike on German column.
We'll (most probably) got one empty peasant's house; where partisans will hide and German troops will set fire in the house.
And what we are discussing is to put MG42 in church tower and fire from there.

Weapons of all kinds are allowed in Slovenia. we'll fire blank amo; some weapons (K98) can be rented on spot; even maybe MG42.

Pavel
Whoever is close to Slovenia and want to have more info, I'll be glad.... etc.
Attachments
Win off 01.jpg
Win off 01.jpg (57.77 KiB) Viewed 9803 times
Win off 02.jpg
Win off 02.jpg (216.62 KiB) Viewed 9801 times
Win off 03.jpg
Win off 03.jpg (247.26 KiB) Viewed 9806 times
Hans Gowert

Re: German winter offensive against partisans IX. kcorps

Post by Hans Gowert »

i believe this was played out last year :) , i remember watching a video which marco and reberto brought over to finland for us to watch,
Von Ritter

Post by Von Ritter »

I do remember some rather nice looking partisan ladies being captured in marco and robertos video...mmm might be one to go for :twisted:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Von Ritter wrote:I do remember some rather nice looking partisan ladies being captured in marco and robertos video...mmm might be one to go for :twisted:
It was a First class event looking at the DVD I will try and get there next year
ImageImageImageImageImage
bov1313rf

Re: German winter offensive against partisans IX. corps

Post by bov1313rf »

Indeed, it happened last year and was filmed. And I was the lucky guy who grab young partisan female.
It's a funny story. we hadn'd prepare scenarion in details; and it happened that during partisans attack on our lines we got young partisan female. First idea was to assemble SS firing squad, but Roberto was against, he said it's to cruel to take pics how his group is shooting partisans. Imagine, SS troop refused (!). And it happened that partisans had captured my our gebirgsjaeger hauptmann. And they propose the exchange. I've made mistake and agreed on that. You must admit that partisan female was much more nice & good looking than my hauptmann. I told later partisans, that next year every side will keep presoners and do with them whatever find apropriate. What could we do with her.... imagine.
Just compare who is more pretty, my hauptamnn or she.
Attachments
Win off 05.jpg
Win off 05.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
Win off 04.jpg
Win off 04.jpg (244.08 KiB) Viewed 9715 times
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

prefer to Give them Flowers them my selfs, i better not go then :0

Mod edit
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Guys please be carefull when discussing executions etc on here (esprcially when it concerns females and hints of what you could do to them), we are undoubtably monitored by the gutter press and we all know how they can twist things. yes i know it happened in real life but we dont want anyone thinking we glorify it do we.

Cheers
Dave
:D
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
BLITZER

Post by BLITZER »

Hallo to all Kameraden.

I am more than delighted to see bov1313rf from Slovenia joining this Forum.

Yes I confirm we went there last year it truly was a lot of fun, battles as close as real as you can get, fantastic mountain scenery, great hospitality and terrifc people (including the Partisans !!).
I can still hear the "music" played by the MG42's when firing long bursts (real gun shooting blanks, not gas-powered) .....
We showed the video of the battles during our trip to Finland at Franz's playground last October, all the guys loved it.

Actually I was the one who captured the girl (you can still see me in the background armed with Stg44) but then I had to pass her on to the Offizier, rank has its priviledges, you know ... :D

As far as dealing with the "enemy" with extreme prejudice (a scene which was asked for by the "Partisans" themselves, by the way) I was against it strongly, to avoid any strumentalization or distortion of the event itself.
You can imagine what would have been the consequences if the video and pictures got into the media mainstream: there are so many
"snipers" out there just waiting for an opportunity to shoot at us (German reenactors) that we don't need to serve them one on a silver platter (we all know what happened after a similar scene taken in another European country was taped and aired on German TV ....) .

Unfortunately this year the event overlap to a filming for the Italian national TV Rai of a documetary about the Battle of the Bulge, so we
won't be able to attend, regrettably.

If you can, I recommend you to participate, it's really worth the long trip.

Robert

http://www.normandie44.eu
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Hi Roberto yes we did enjoy it I would love to go this year but we have our event in the same month Next year may be
Crazy Feldgendarme

Thanks Blitzer thats what i wanted to here mate, nice pics but we have to be carefull as you know. :D
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
bov1313rf

Post by bov1313rf »

Free more pics from Oslavany
Attachments
P1110960.jpg
P1110960.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 9591 times
P1110965.jpg
P1110965.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 9592 times
P1120047.jpg
P1120047.jpg (91.85 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Mod edit I removed the original post and Photos but here is the TXT
bov1313rf
I must say I'm very glad that Roberto and his ss group refused to do pics of firing squad. In that time I was maybe to easy minded (and I would do it), but I now I'm fully sharing Roberto's view; our reenactments are very delicate matters and we're walking on the edge all the time. Only greatest caution can prevent us from a disaster.

Czech groups and organisers of reectment events are as well extremely strict; however at event ''Fall of the castle Oslavany'', last year there was a firing squad. But two days event was great (castle Oslavany and Orechow battle). We spent 24 huour in a small vilage, back in '41 again; German troops were stationed in a castle (where indeed was a German command during ww2), with guard on the door, telephone line from main office, soldbuch were deliverd to every person, etc. Every two hours a patrolle on cycles was sent into vilage; there were about 15 civilians, some of them ''ours'' some not. Patrolle was entitled to qestioned & seached civilians and who was find with pistol (and without German permission to carry it) was in heavy troubles. In the morning ss troops had physical exercise in the yard, later on trainings, etc.

Next day stSS trong Russian forces attacked the castle. It was a fabulous scene of panick. A group of soldiers carried out and loaded trucks with boxes, papers, typewriters.., other group was trowing papers from the 1st flor and soldiers in yard made two fires and were burning papers, similar scene as famous one from film Untergang. And all this happened in same time. It was indeed amazing. After a heavy had to hand fighting with Russians, when all Germans were dead (only 2-3 captured), Russians started to loote the bodies, taking watches and boots.... Just perfect.

And next day two battles at Orechow...
Crazy Feldgendarme

Ta Joel i meant to do that myself mate but fergot, gents we must be SO carefull about putting photos of that kind of thing on here please think before you do.
we know it is fake and a bit of fun others including the media will not see it hat way.

Cheers
Dave

GeFoPo
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Should be VERY careful about executions during reenactment. Two years ago we had a Warsaw Uprising scenario ending with shooting down the uprisers. However, it was not so visible - ppl were led into the gateway and series of shots was then heard. Nothing visible, still same effect. At first our colleagues were quite cautions about such a scene - but reactions from the Uprising vets were priceless... 'So it was...'

Those were the moments I do my reenactment part for.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

mario33 wrote:Should be VERY careful about executions during reenactment. Two years ago we had a Warsaw Uprising scenario ending with shooting down the uprisers. However, it was not so visible - ppl were led into the gateway and series of shots was then heard. Nothing visible, still same effect. At first our colleagues were quite cautions about such a scene - but reactions from the Uprising vets were priceless... 'So it was...'

Those were the moments I do my reenactment part for.
Mario Good sir it can work and in that way I would say it is ok ( it did happen) but I think we have to be very carfull on doing this

Return to “European reenactment and events”