New Irish WWII Group

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Sean Murphy

New Irish WWII Group

Post by Sean Murphy »

Hello to all

As I said in my post in the Introduction section, I'm a military vehicle collector going back to Ireland from the UK. Currently I have:

My main vehicles are:

BMW R75 with sidecar (running but needs work)
Zundapp KS750 with sidecar (running)
VW166 Schwimmwagen (running)
Two VW Type 82 Kubelwagen (one running the other in need of work)
Opel Blitz (running – at times!)
Pak 40
Flak 88 (Spanish)
Sd Kfz 234/1 (post war repro)
222 armoured car (nearly running)
Two Willys Jeeps (1945 and 1948)
GMC CCKW 2 ½ ton truck (running, just!)

In March I hope to take delivery of my first WWII tank, a German Pz. Kpfw. IV Ausf. G which I'm having totally rebuilt in the Czech Republic. I'm hoping to match this with a British Sherman later this year.

Ideally I'd like to work with an existing group but based on the response I've received so far it looks like I'll be on my own. If your good with vehicles and would like to get involved in a new group based in Southern Ireland then your more than welcome.

Thanks for your time

Sean
Sean

Re: New Irish WWII Group

Post by Sean »

Hi Sean,

That's not a collection, its a bloody museum!!
Last edited by Sean on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
ss peiper

Post by ss peiper »

Hi Sean! I think you have scared most of us Irish guys away, are you sure your moving home and not planning an invasion? :lol:
How far south of the border are you moving? just asking as a mechanic who commands a Waffen SS unit in the North who would love to do work on panzer iv's 8)

Joe.
Semi retired Grenadier
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

based on the response ? shit man. dont go to ireland , stay HERE !!!! :) :) .

BGS commanded by justin is in the south of ireland who own an impressive collection of vehicle aswell.

would advise getting in contact with them, could actully field a division now !!!

Tom
dagda

Post by dagda »

Who have you talked too? There is a few groups in the Republic, With Battlegroupsouth being the biggest with membership and vehicles. Schnellmeyer and Rommel are the guys to talk to.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Shergar

Post by Shergar »

hi sean depending upon where you are based you can always throw your lot in with kgk and the rest of the irish groups that we are working with , i would also extend an invitation to you tocome to the latest irish show that we in kgk incoordinationwith other interestwed partiesare running and intend to run every year at time we may be startingsmall but from little acorns grow the biggest of oaks.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hi Sean,

respect!!!!!

Without guys like you the whole reenactment scene won t be that what it is today.

Thanks a lot for your work and maybe one day ( maybe this 2009 W&P ) I can take a ride on one of your vehicles. For sure in professional american and european made uniform and equipment.

Don´t you got a few pix to show us your army?

Best wishes,

Caen44.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Sean
as the leader of Battle group south i would invite you to look in on our web site and our own forum , see whats what and who is who and make up your own mind . You will see alot of our vehicles and videos and film work on this forum under European events and under videos etc . look in on our won forum and see also a nicel selection of photos and videos and our vehicles
Our list of events and shows are up on our forum and youcan see whats on for the year ahead .Our club strength is over 33 members now and a wide range of vehicles and weapons
I will pm you more details
Rommel
Leader of BGS
Ireland
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hello Sean and welcome to the forum .You have quite a impressive collection there , nice to see such a fine collection coming to Ireland .Can you please post some photos ?? , I also have a BMW R75 , KS 750 , Opel Blitz , Pak 45 , 2 cm Flak 38 and a Kubelwagen . Would be super to see all this gear take to the field together . Who is doing the work on your Pz 1V ? Look forward to seeing the photos.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Justin the both of you will have a Fecking army it would be good if you two got together
Last edited by Franz repper on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
W@FFEN

Post by W@FFEN »

Hi Sean,you'd be surprised at the number of groups on the island (as youre finding out now!) and the best bit is we all work together often,Die Gruppe/Schnelle Gruppe Nord and Battle group South all make a point of working together and supporting eachother at shows etc,great when we all form up into one big unit!,Battle Group South is the biggest and most respected unit on the island,and the nearest to you most likely, so you should contact them,they also have a lot of vehicles.Good luck!
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
DasreichIreland

Post by DasreichIreland »

Hi there Sean and everybody else,
great to see such a list of vechicles and the possibility of maybe sometime getting to "play" with them. My name is Con O' Sullivan i am from DAS REICH IRELAND, we are a pretty new group just finding our feet at the moment, we have 9 members, we are based in Limerick. We are going to our first events this year, now that we have a decent number and kit. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
If you wish to contact me, i would only be too happy to help you get started here in Ireland. I can also recommend Battle Group South who are a fine bunch of guys, they have a large group with lots of equipment.
We have recently purchased a Kubelwagon and also a motorbike with sidecar. So our collection is in its infancy.
We have lots of fun and we work with anyone. So get in touch if you are interested.

Best of luck with your move, and i hope you enjoy re-enacting here in Ireland.

Con
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Sean , any chance of seeing some of those photos as requested ???
I spoke to world famous German armour expert Hilary Doyle today and he would love to meet you . He is especially interested in your SdKfz 222 and Pz.IV 'G' , please PM me your details and i will send them on to Hilary .He is a fantastic guy and has helped collectors like , Littlefield , Wheatcroft , Gibb , Compton , ect.... He was a little surprised that he had not come across you before but in time we can change all that .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

It would be nice to see some pics alright of such a fine collection , especially your 222 , a favourite of ours here in BGS ,

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

SGT_DuffMan

Post by SGT_DuffMan »

Hi Sean

Great to have another Military collection coming to Ireland. If your panzers ever venture North, we in the Wartime Living History Association could maybe put a few holes in them with our M18 HellCat Tank Destroyer :-) I see you also have Allied vehicles would love a look round/ride in them sometime.

To see what your panzers would be up against check out:

http://www.wartimeliving.co.uk/umvc%2008.html

http://www.wartimeliving.co.uk/tank_day.html

I would second what the rest are saying BGS are your best bet for an Axis vehicle club great bunch of guys, and great to work with.

Hope to see you in the future

James

Return to “General”