Totenkopf

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
RudyWerner

Re: Totenkopf

Post by RudyWerner »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Palmenmuster Helm cover?
Yes...I was a little sceptical myself at first, but I am now assured they did exist albeit field made. I am also after a late pattern oakleaf one with foliage loops to go with the dot suit. By the way, was great to catch up with you at the weekend. :)
JDR

Post by JDR »

RudyWerner wrote:
Yes...I was a little sceptical myself at first, but I am now assured they did exist albeit field made. I am also after a late pattern oakleaf one with foliage loops to go with the dot suit. By the way, was great to catch up with you at the weekend. :)
I have come across this in one of my books regarding TK wearing Palm helmet covers on the eastern front, if im correct and can remember it was a handful that used then like you said field made. this was the only examples that palm clump was used as a helmet cover.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

JDR wrote:
RudyWerner wrote:
I have come across this in one of my books regarding TK wearing Palm helmet covers on the eastern front, if im correct and can remember it was a handful that used then like you said field made. this was the only examples that palm clump was used as a helmet cover.
Yeah, I think I have seen the photos and for many TK divison is very much liked with Palm camo. I have a friend who has what may be a genuine wartime field made Palm helmet cover...
JDR

Post by JDR »

Palm clump was the 2nd most common smock to been worn behind Plane tree
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

JDR wrote:Palm clump was the 2nd most common smock to been worn behind Plane tree
I have just been reading about it now in the Europa Militaria book, says they did have smocks, helmet covers possibly field made, but no caps...it also says that Totenkopf is one of the units most often seen with smocks in this pattern.
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Just a quick heads up that Totenkopf will be participating in the Victory Show in Spetember if anyone wants come and say hello, please do so!!
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

JDR wrote:
RudyWerner wrote:
Good and dear sirs I will go with this I have also seen photos and a field made cap (original) I a privte collection .SS nord were anther Big user of this pattern
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi Werner :D , here's sme pics of Totenkopf collar patches as promised so you can compare the original ones with the repros (original are first), you'll see the mid to late war patches as below are devoid of any detail (plain) and some of the eye features are narrow
scan 13-8-2008 8h35m55s.jpg
Below are the reproduction patches from Militaria/ Net
TKh.jpg
(Page 1-continued)
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Peiper wrote:Hi Werner :D , here's sme pics of Totenkopf collar patches as promised so you can compare the original ones with the repros (original are first), you'll see the mid to late war patches as below are devoid of any detail (plain) and some of the eye features are narrow
scan 13-8-2008 8h35m55s.jpg
Below are the reproduction patches from Militaria/ Net
TKh.jpg
(Page 1-continued)
Um...seems you need to edit your post mate...i cant see anything!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi Werner sorry about that having trouble downloading insignia, i think the pictures are too large, see if these come out, thet are pics of the Totenkopf Kradschutzen Kompagnie from the Aufklarungs Abt:
The attachment 280px-Totenkopf-Kursk-01.jpg is no longer available
thumbnail cycle.jpg
thumbnail cycle.jpg (4.02 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
thumbnail cycle 2.jpg
thumbnail cycle 2.jpg (4.36 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
I hope you can see the pics ok this time , regards peiper
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Peiper wrote:Hi Werner sorry about that having trouble downloading insignia, i think the pictures are too large, see if these come out, thet are pics of the Totenkopf Kradschutzen Kompagnie from the Aufklarungs Abt:
280px-Totenkopf-Kursk-01.jpg
thumbnail cycle.jpg
thumbnail cycle 2.jpg
I hope you can see the pics ok this time , regards peiper
Erm, yeah...but they are tiny. Perhaps you can email them to me? feindflug_uk (at) yahoo.co.uk replace the (at) with @
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Servus lads 8) , hi Werner :D , unfortunately having a bit of trouble with pics :evil: . can't use Coppermine or other pic sites so have to download the pics as is unfortunately :cry: , i think i'll have to mess about with the settings before posting anymore sorry :oops:Its a pity because they are good pics and i also had proof of plain unadorned skull patches which were original, apparantly mid/late war the Totenkopf collar skulls were quite plain (appart from Officers of course), it was only early war when the fancy mirror patches and detailing on the skull was used :wink: , anyway all the best, regards peiper :wink:
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Peiper wrote:Servus lads 8) , hi Werner :D , unfortunately having a bit of trouble with pics :evil: . can't use Coppermine or other pic sites so have to download the pics as is unfortunately :cry: , i think i'll have to mess about with the settings before posting anymore sorry :oops:Its a pity because they are good pics and i also had proof of plain unadorned skull patches which were original, apparantly mid/late war the Totenkopf collar skulls were quite plain (appart from Officers of course), it was only early war when the fancy mirror patches and detailing on the skull was used :wink: , anyway all the best, regards peiper :wink:
If you can email them to me I will sort them out and post them.
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Last edited by A.Weiss on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Yes, one difficulty of doing Totenkopf is getting good collar insignia. BUt we are working on it. ;)

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”