Ciney Militaria show

European discussion. Post events here too.
Aurel

Post by Aurel »

I will be at ciney Hall 1 way 79. It's incredible and there are good prices
wdrob

Post by wdrob »

As usually, I'll have my stall at Row 22 in the big hall. Weatherforecast is cold!

Rob
Muller

Re: Ciney Militaria show

Post by Muller »

hi all is there a webiste for this show/market?

many thanks

dan.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

I have to confess being a cheapskate I didn't actually travel over to the show but hada Beligan friend of mine ( who is a leading European Optical collector and expert) make a purchase on my behalf - come June I will be meeting him in Normandy to collect some accessory items for a 4 metre range finder set I am putting together.
As far as looking for items like this on "my side of the pond" it is simply a waste of time.
Ciney is always one which Peter goes to , his mission to Normandy - more optical tripods !
From what he tells me it is an amazing show but so difficult to cover it all.
Last edited by Tychsen on Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

james...... ciney is an excellent show by all means the place is divided into two sheds 1 and 2 with several hundred stalls numbered . if you are interested in any thing in particular i will give you the details of irish guys that can sort you out and that actually do go there . as now we have the contacts to work with and will help kgk now .
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Mairtin , thanks for the shout on that - Peter is a man whom I always refer my own questions to and as far as anything optical goes he is able to understand exactly what I am after so we are both on the same wavelength from the word go.

What I bought might not loo like much a lens tube for the left side optic , I need one for the right side now - it might take a long time to get hold of it or it might turn up tomorrow.

At present I have three optics to get and one tube to complete the set of seven , the transit case I have. It came out of Norway , a good find as it still had its content label on it and the classic Carl Zeiss logo , all the internal felt lined optical reserviors were just as the box was closed in 45 , it lay unwanted in Army stores for 60 odd years.
Attached a close up of the "tube" - the range finders you will have seen before as I had examples at the Curragh.

Anyone who has used or held the handheld range finders as part of re enacting light flak or Heavy MG might be interested in this set up - the 4 metre was the standard flak optical range finder - I look upon her as being " the mother of all range finders" - I had the chance to inspect one up close in the Belgian Army Museum two years ago - it is an amazing piece of kit - don't ask me how it works it is complicated - as can be seen from the large crew and the "early computer" attached to it.
The Zeiss 12x60 optics shown on this one are amongest the very best produced durring the war.

Return to “European reenactment and events”