royal gunpowder mills 2007

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

On behalf of the SBG contingent that attended, well done Les for a great show and an enjoyable weekend.

Today (Monday) started off a bit grim weather-wise, but it brightened up considerably and more public attended than the two previous days.

Looking forward to next year, all the best.

Kevin (SBG.)
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Scott
Location: lydd on sea and swanscombe kent first place in uk to have v1 strike 13/06/44

Post by Scott »

on behalf of everyone in fg39-45 thanks go to les hearn and everyone else that set up a great show we all had a great time down at our HQ and really enjoyed the battles and the skirmishs we had every day with the brit boys .
we all had a great time saturday night at das disco and really enjoyed it, shame about the weather today, but thanks again for a great show
scott
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein

ex RAF Police Wg Cmdr
member of fg39-45 feldgendarmerie
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.freeforums.org
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.webs.com
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Well done Les! Great show, even better than last year

Sorry I had to bug out early mate, but our kit was soaked and 252 miles to travel!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
hitlerjugend

Post by hitlerjugend »

Real good event chaps
Much better than last year, even better to put faces to avatars
nice to meet some of the guys
Zac
''Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue''
12th SS-Hitlerjugend
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

great event les, all the hard work paid off.

lol zac, excuse my drunkeness on the saturday night :) :)

Tom
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Wasn't it fun?
Top gig Les, the rain early monday dampened things but the people turned up.
David

Post by David »

Great first event for me. Thanks to all the guys who looked after me, including Paul (my hands have just about recovered :P ).

Good to finally see who half the people on these forums are now. :)

Looking forward to the next event.
Hollenweger

Post by Hollenweger »

Aye bloody good fun event, cheers Les and the other organisers. Really enjoyed the battles and displays, shame we had to call it a day early on Monday but we had a long way to travel. It was brilliant to finally be able to put a lot of names to faces :D, and I had a whale of a time on that Flak 38 :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Nuff said! :lol:
Top show
Top People
Top Atmosphere (mainly :wink: )
Top Kick off to the Season
Top Hobby
Privelige doing the vignette for the veterans. Sorry I couldn't get near them for yank re-enactors...... but their faces and their applause at the end.... priceless.
Thanks to Les "the man" Hearn for his hard work, dedication and will to succeed.

Right - Next?
ringer

Post by ringer »

Turned out to be one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had for a while ..
best bit

Meeting /Chatting to the coachload of US vets , some first hand stories there I`ll not forget .....

second best bit seeing PD doubled over with laughter after the innocent "marbles" comment from our Dave

Good to meet you Schäfer ( too many Daves and not enough Kev`s in this game)

Big thanks to Les for having the strength to see this through.

Good to put faces to names on here.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Great do lads and lasses, best bit for me was Paul,s attempt to put a lump of wood into orbit around chez Erwin (after the vets of course). Shame i had to leave early but i was soaked and completely knackered. Well done to all KP1 members you all did great lads.

Kev well done you earned the right to be called boss by me this weekend mate (not easy to earn). :D :wink:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

Had a great time, enjoyed the good company and meeting new people that I hope to see more of in the future. Was nice to meet the lads from Junkerschule the few SBG I managed to say hello to, DF and KP1. And not forgetting mad Jon and his lovely Stug!

Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Dashing off now but managed to waste enough time to doctor one piccy... More to come.

Windhund Flak manned by Regiment Der Fuhrer

Amazing what three little mouse clicks can do!
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Great do lads and lasses, best bit for me was Paul,s attempt to put a lump of wood into orbit around chez Erwin
It wasn't Paul, that was me :twisted:

Superb event. Pyro went like a dream. New water bursts were a big hit (but not with the lump of wood they threw out, thankfully :shock: ). Sorry to all those who got a shower, but the direction of water 30ft in the air is fairly hard to control :D The skirmish scenario was very tightly performed indeed. Nice to see all those faces again, plus some new ones.

Special thanks to: PD for the lift down and use of tentage, and for making the pyro job a joy to do. Stig for the lend of some kit and for making me laugh like a drain as he tried (unsuccessfully) to put up a camp bed, whilst lying on the floor pissed as a fart on friday night (he can't remember it :lol: ), Karl for the wicked humour and lift home, Martin Webster (Boon) and John for the Flak and campfire humour, and the Tom Twins for whinging at each other like a longtime married couple :P .

I thoroughly enjoyed this gig. Can't wait for the next one 8)
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Actually the water shower was welcome it cooled me down a treat. :)
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo

Return to “UK reenactment and events”