My Original Ledermantel

Moderator: Feldjager

Major von Kluge

My Original Ledermantel

Post by Major von Kluge »

I have just obtained an original WW2 officer's Ledermantel. It has been used quite a bit but is in overall very good wearable condition without any significant damage. It is size 50 and fits perfectly over my uniforms. I show it here alongside my Sturm Miltech reproduction (IMO the only half way decent one available). The original is on the right. The pebbled buttons, which are painted black, do not appear to be original to the coat, but I have a set of originals. The leather is slightly stiff and dry. Does anybody know what I should do to clean the coat, and to restore flexibility and suppleness to the leather without damaging it?
Attachments
DSCN0403.JPG
DSCN0403.JPG (216.7 KiB) Viewed 7833 times
DSCN0402.JPG
DSCN0402.JPG (217.96 KiB) Viewed 7833 times
rsvpiper

Re: My Original Ledermantel

Post by rsvpiper »

Johnny_BoomBoom2000

Post by Johnny_BoomBoom2000 »

I had a leatherworker recomened KO-CHO-LINE to me.....

I have a tin....but haven't got round to trying it out on the articles I wanted to yet!
saddler

Post by saddler »

Johnny_BoomBoom2000 wrote:I had a leatherworker recomened KO-CHO-LINE to me.....

I have a tin....but haven't got round to trying it out on the articles I wanted to yet!
+ 1 for this

(& it may have been me that put you onto it, as I tend to suggest this product as "THE go-to" leather/hide food to use)

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”