war and peace 2015

Moderator: johankreig

schwarz engel

war and peace 2015

Post by schwarz engel »

Hello All , nothing seen on here so far so hear goes this is going to be rex cadmanns and barbs last war and peace this year 2015 , today they have made a statement on you tube to this effect.My understanding is that unless someone else comes forward the event as we know will come to an end, personally with its mix of vehicle and our side of it mayhem its a hard one to follow .Without a doubt , war and peace has been a massive driver to forward the historical and vehicle aspect that crosses our interests no matter from which side of the trench we may stand !Personally from a long way back when i was first involved with the event at the hop farm sometime around 1990 ish the event has devoloped into what it has become now , the variety of vehicles and the amount and diversity of groups could not of been dreamed about then.Rex and his team have allways supported ideas that were put forward to make the event come alive , his backing regarding getting german and allied vehicles to support the battles aswell as the blank firing weopans , and pyro have been key to bringing on the the display battle side of things, with the support of quality allied groups like the big red 1 and normandy 44.Personally i think without war and peace happening the scene across europe now would be as it was 20 plus years ago , surpressed and dormant. This event has allowed in the early 90,s people from across the world to get to war and peace , have a good time generally , make gutt freunds and have kamerdschaft. it has inspired some you to go away and getting things moving on the ground be it in spain , france , hollland , germany , poland , sweden , finland , australia , new zealand etc etc.Yes it was dusty , yes the shitters were shit some times , yes it was rainy and muddy , you know what ? so what thats the best part of it, so Rex and Barbs and the Team thanks very much . !signed Haupsturmfuhrer Siegel 3rd Kompanie SBG
Sturmschar

Re: war and peace 2015

Post by Sturmschar »

:D Groveler! :D
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

didn't see my post then
graham
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

:roll: :roll:
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

:lol: :lol:
Sturmschar wrote::D Groveler! :D
You forgot sniviling little toady Andy.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

My dear Brigardefuhrer I beg to report having been remiss :oops:
Halle

Re: war and peace 201

Post by Halle »

Have heard that W&P was finished , great shame , but once it moved from its original venue ....nothing but complaints . Regarding the statement that its demise will set reenactment back twenty years ; B*****s - Go to Europe , it's a damn site better than what's going on over here ...in my humble opinion.. 8)
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

I agree it wont set re enactment back 20 years but will give others the opportunity to replace it with another show, as to whether it will be better or worse will only be determined in time. for me I didn't like Folkestone race course, only went there once and that was the one and only last time.
funker50

Post by funker50 »

How about one in the north of the country, proper north, not Leics or sheffield ;-)
Vorwärts und aufwärts!

Return to “Announcements”