Drillichanzug tunic

Moderator: Feldjager

Dreckmann

Drillichanzug tunic

Post by Dreckmann »

My group is looking for a good repro of the green drillichanzug tunic. We have been searching on the internet and we have seen the one from panther store, which is the one we prefer, and the one from hiki, that is cheaper. How about the hiki's one?
Regards
Franz
askhati

Re: Drillichanzug tunic

Post by askhati »

People will tell you that the Hiki ones have 101 imperfections - but if you want a cheap tunic to work in, to sweat in, to crawl through the mud in, and to generally treat like a soldier would have treated it (i.e. not worried overly much about the cost of replacing it), then you can't go wrong with them. I have used one for years, and they are perfect for rough-out use. They also fade and lighten nicely with prolonged UV exposure, to give you that proper field-worn look.

Finishing is sometimes a bit rough - especially loose threads around the button holes - but otherwise they are very decent.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
Halle

Post by Halle »

The Hiki ones are indeed " serviceable " . The Panther store quality is second to none however , I have an early war off white one from them , it's exceptional , like an original . Buy the best .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Panther's Drillich is top notch! I can also recommend the drillich uniforms from Pirschen/Antz - they are of comparable quality as Panther, but hard to get hold of today.
If you want it cheaper - the new generation Drillich from Sturm is not bad at all...
Do not buy Hiki or the other cheap Asian stuff.
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

Panther! I have the trousers and they are marvelous! They did shrink with the first wash, so make sure you order a few centimeters longer. The material is really robust, not the t-shirt quality you get from china. I wear them in normal life and love them.
Felix the Kraut
Dreckmann

Post by Dreckmann »

Thanks a lot for your replies.
We are lookin for value for money. Some of our members can't afford the panther's one but if we were offered a discount for the quantity :roll:

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”