Janke M44 Tunic

Moderator: Feldjager

Panzer Wittman

Re: Janke M44 Tunic

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Fritz wrote:
Panzer Wittman wrote: For me the best at present is Gavins - you just have to remember to order one size up and be prepared to wait a month or so for delivery.
Gavin's M44 is not bad - but you have to rework the button closure at the sleeve ends.
Very true. I also moved the shoulder board loops back a couple of cm on mine. They were way too far forward on the one I received. Other than that it's not too bad at all
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Which also highlighted a big difference in the cut of Gavins different tunics.
I have a set of his panzer blacks too. These also have really forward placed shoulder board loops. However due to how the tunic sits on the shoulders these wound up still being in the right place. Not so with the m44.
It was an easy job to move the loops and the buttons but shows how one position for a particular size doesn't translate well for other sizes.
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

Well, I think I have given a fair critic about my tunic, but the lining is not "pink". It is very shiny, thats why it looks different on the pictures than in reality. I have no problem with the colour of the lining. Quality of material, I have mentioned that, I would rather have a material of early-war quality, than the stuff I once ordered from china.
To really make a decision, it would be necessary to compare the tunics in real life.
Felix the Kraut
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

GreAt thread...at last the janke m44 pictured.
Any chance of good pics of trousers...is collar with tab?

Anyone able to post gavin m44 tunic n pants?

Can anyone else vouch for going up a size tunicwise? Ive had no prob ordering 40 chest and it fitting...40= S in gavins world.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”