Tunic question

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
FschJg_Heilmann

Tunic question

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

I purchased a M43 Tunic a while back. Is there anyway I can stretch it a bit and possibly get the wool where it is somewhat bearable to wear? Thanks in advance!
Halle

Re: Tunic question

Post by Halle »

Not sure exactly what you mean ....have you bought a tunic that's too small for you ? Is the collar a problem ..?
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
FschJg_Heilmann

Does the wearing of the tunic stretch out any? It's a tad too tight and stiff.
Halle

Post by Halle »

In my experience - no . If its a bit too tight now , it probably always will be . If you've bought it new , could you send it back and exchange it ? Ideally , you want one a size too big , you should be able to wear a shirt and thin jumper under it and it still be comfortable .
FschJg_Heilmann

It's the correct size. I was just curious as to if it would stretch at all. What about something to make the wool less abrasive?
Halle

Post by Halle »

Which company did you buy the tunic from ? Doesn't sound great .. :?
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

If its too tight then its not the correct size is it?
Its not good wartime wool if its not scratchy.
You can shave wool, that stops a bit of the itch.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

when I was with the now defunct FJR6 (Andy Clark) we use to 'burn' the wool with a blow torch and the brush it afterwards, worked every time on a new jacket. try an area which wont be seen first, so as not to scorch the wool!!!!
graham
FschJg_Heilmann

I saw something online about soaking it in water and massaging in hair conditioner and letting it sit a little while and then soaking it again. I don't think I'm gonna try it tho. Don't want to mess it up.
Halle

Post by Halle »

FschJg_Heilmann wrote:I saw something online about soaking it in water and massaging in hair conditioner and letting it sit a little while and then soaking it again. I don't think I'm gonna try it tho. Don't want to mess it up.

Trouble is , it doesn't fit .....sell it , buy another . As for the scratchy wool , I've never had a problem with that , though a friend bought an M44 tunic once , and the collar took the skin off his neck :lol: :lol:
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Does the wearing of the tunic stretch out any? It's a tad too tight and stiff.
first off you say its to tight

[quoteI]t's the correct size. I was just curious as to if it would stretch at all. What about something to make the wool less abrasive?[/quote]

Then you say its the correct size.
So what is it? the correct size for a smaller person that you?

And as for it being to scratchy, fit a kragenbinde in the collar and get used to it, cos thats what the guys did 70 years ago
FschJg_Heilmann

We'll the only reason I said it was not the right size was because of the sleeves. I thought it was too tight across my back. Then I realized that it's kinda like a suit and suppose to come up. Excuse me for not researching it further before posting.
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

FschJg_Heilmann wrote:We'll the only reason I said it was not the right size was because of the sleeves. I thought it was too tight across my back. Then I realized that it's kinda like a suit and suppose to come up. Excuse me for not researching it further before posting.
Thats OK your excused. Now have you researched what a kragenbinde is?

If the arms are the wrong length, and its tight, then get rid of it on Ebay, and get a bigger size. To big is way better than too small.
FschJg_Heilmann

I do know what that is. I think it will work but I may buy another one for Waffen SS and have one for Heer
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

Heer has 6 button front and 3 belt hook holes, SS has 5 button front and 2 belt hook holes, so yes technically you'd need two (even though you sometimes see SS with Heer tunics). If you're wearing a collared shirt (which you should be with an M43) then itching shouldn't be an issue, as they were introduced to replace the Kragenbinde (collar liner).

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”