Ankle Boots w/ gaiters

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
12 SS Panzer Div.

Ankle Boots w/ gaiters

Post by 12 SS Panzer Div. »

Where can I find some ankle boots with gaiters at a "fairly" low price? I need a pair of them for my future movies and reenactments. :?: :!:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: Ankle Boots w/ gaiters

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Everyone will tell you save and get a good pair, they will knock you back at least $400, if not more. Mine cost me $850.00

See, you can get a somewhat decent pair of Sturm boots for about $120 and the gaiters for another $25. I never had a problem with them, many will say they fall apart after one hard weekend of re-enacting, I used mine for a 2 week long volunteer work expedition in logging in the Swiss alps and they held up fine. The trick is to properly grease and seal them BEFORE you wear them and do it again and again for the first 3-5 times you use them, then they will be fine. But after a couple years or so and maybe using them for 100 field days, they will start to go...and you will have to buy another pair. They look OK as well, but nothing near a quality boot. You will have to replace the nails right off the bat as they come with Aluminium nails instead of steel ones and those will grind away after a couple days on the pavement.

As soon as I got my quality boots, I knew right away that I will never have to buy another set of ankle boots again, I'm young, so are you, instead of buying 20 pairs of Sturm boots throughout your re-enactment time (coming to $2400.00) just save and buy the one good pair that will last you a life time and look much better!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Halle

Post by Halle »

The Herr Leutnant is correct - don't be drawn into buying cheap boots - always buy quality - as Herr Ulrich said , it's not just about them falling to bits and shedding nails , it's about how they look , and the cheap ones don't even look correct ...
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Danke Stabsfeldwebel Halle!

Here's some picture reference:
Attachments
german-low-boots-schurschuhe.jpg
german-low-boots-schurschuhe.jpg (92.1 KiB) Viewed 8153 times
109892d1275377046-german-combat-low-boots-hobnails-lowboots-3-.jpg
109892d1275377046-german-combat-low-boots-hobnails-lowboots-3-.jpg (52.14 KiB) Viewed 8153 times
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Halle

Post by Halle »

Excellent pictorial reference Herr Leutnant - no need to ask which pair are the cheap s**t .. :wink:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
12 SS Panzer Div.

Post by 12 SS Panzer Div. »

Thank you for the advice!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”