Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
hanser

Re: Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

Post by hanser »

If it helps anyone working out the distance from home to the site, the postcode is PE32 1LE and the site is called Pentney lakes near kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Regards Dave
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Thats round the corner!!! I could go home for me tea :lol: :lol:
hanser

Post by hanser »

It seems like the Axis have already von zee var.....lots of response from German groups and although a lot of interest from the Allied section a little bit of a poor response. I think I can speak for anyone who puts on one of these private battles, If we don`t get a good response then we can`t afford to fund the event. Without the support of the WW2 community, organisers will shy away from these battles. So please support these lunatics who put themselves out to provide these events. There are only a few battles each year and some of them have been cancelled due to various reasons, Hence why we put this on. With only Teaboy and Pip Park next year what else are you going to do before the public events start? I personally am allergic to Gardening and D.I.Y. Get your forms in please and lets have a great event.

Dave
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

hanser wrote:It seems like the Axis have already von zee var.....lots of response from German groups and although a lot of interest from the Allied section a little bit of a poor response. I think I can speak for anyone who puts on one of these private battles, If we don`t get a good response then we can`t afford to fund the event. Without the support of the WW2 community, organisers will shy away from these battles. So please support these lunatics who put themselves out to provide these events. There are only a few battles each year and some of them have been cancelled due to various reasons, Hence why we put this on. With only Teaboy and Pip Park next year what else are you going to do before the public events start? I personally am allergic to Gardening and D.I.Y. Get your forms in please and lets have a great event.

Dave
Dave I'll go on the reserve list for the Axis if you have one that is :D
hanser

Post by hanser »

rsvpiper wrote:
hanser wrote:It seems like the Axis have already von zee var.....lots of response from German groups and although a lot of interest from the Allied section a little bit of a poor response. I think I can speak for anyone who puts on one of these private battles, If we don`t get a good response then we can`t afford to fund the event. Without the support of the WW2 community, organisers will shy away from these battles. So please support these lunatics who put themselves out to provide these events. There are only a few battles each year and some of them have been cancelled due to various reasons, Hence why we put this on. With only Teaboy and Pip Park next year what else are you going to do before the public events start? I personally am allergic to Gardening and D.I.Y. Get your forms in please and lets have a great event.

Dave
Dave I'll go on the reserve list for the Axis if you have one that is :D
Not got as far as the reserve list yet, still places left for Axis, its the Allied we need to boost up.
hanser

Post by hanser »

A few pictures of the site to give you an idea of the terrain..
Attachments
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (190.34 KiB) Viewed 12239 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (155.96 KiB) Viewed 12239 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (150.79 KiB) Viewed 12239 times
hanser

Post by hanser »

A few more...
Attachments
photo 5.JPG
photo 5.JPG (181.07 KiB) Viewed 12239 times
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (197.1 KiB) Viewed 12239 times
hanser

Post by hanser »

Guys I could do with boosting up the Allied response to this battle please, If you`re friendly with any Allied group can you spread the word for me please.
Your help will be appreciated

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Just to let everyone who has paid in cheques and sent disclaimers that we won`t cash the cheques until we have received enough people to cover the costs of the event. At this point 2 months after posting this event I have received a poor response in the way of disclaimers and payments. Obviously with Christmas looming upon us I`m guessing that people just can`t afford to do these events? I`m surprised at the huge amount of interest but lack of booking in. I will have no choice but to cancel the event unless we get enough people to at least cover costs. I will be making that decision at the end of December but if we are close to the required numbers I will extend until mid January.
As I have said before without support these events will not happen.....this maybe why these private battles are becoming less in number as the years go on.
I really hope we will be battling in February.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Just a quick run down of how the event will run.
I will be supplying radios( modern I`m sorry to say) Code books and `sensitive material` documents that have to be captured as part of the battle. I will fill you in on everything once we know exactly whats coming to the event.
The idea is to make 4/5 objectives that both sides have to protect from each other. overall commanders may end up as objectives but mostly I`m thinking vehicles, fuel dump, mortar pits, and CP`s. The idea is to split your force into 3 parts. defence, attack and recon. send your recon out find objectives then assign your attacking force to take objectives. Once killed, your attackers have to go back to the CP to re-generate (this stops guys putting their helmets back on after 10 minutes and shooting you in the back. After re-generation they will then take up defensive positions which releases men to go into the attack.
This way of rotation should give everyone an equal amount of trigger time and spread the costs of ammo evenly. Nothing worse than sitting in a foxhole for 6 hours and not firing a shot, obviously this would be more realistic and historic but that's not really the point with what we`re doing and what you expect for your money.
Very interested in comments and suggestions of the constructive type please

Dave
soest

Post by soest »

Steady... that has the ring of real warfare about it!

Sounds like great plans. Hope it happens.
hanser

Post by hanser »

The event is officially ON, although we are still in need of some more Allies, we are gathering good numbers. There will be a cut off point for Axis re-enactors if we don`t get enough Allies. It has always been my intention to try to have even numbers on both sides so if you want to attend then please get booked in.
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

So annoyed I can;t make this one! Look awesome Dave!
Last edited by Zschakel on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
hanser

Post by hanser »

Now the event is 100% ON I will be putting the cheques into the bank in the new year. Obviously if that is going to cause anyone a problem with the expense of xmas etc please let me know....
Roll on February..
Happy Christmas

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Only a month to go and although we have enough people to make it work and pay I would still like a few more to beef up the numbers further. Please get booked in and we'll have a great weekend.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”