Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
hanser

Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

Post by hanser »

Das Reich are putting together a new private battle in Norfolk. The provisional date is 8/9th February. It is a 58 acre woodland site with track roads. Rather than do a scenario and script the battle we will appoint Axis and Allied commanders and give objectives to be achieved. This means that all groups must work as one unit in order to achieve objectives. We will have a section 5 armourer on site so gun hire and ammo will be available. We are also intending to have a decent meal supplied on the Saturday evening within the entry cost. This may involve a field kitchen or BBQ. Portaloos will be hired but at this point there is no running water.
The event is limited numbers so it is first come first served. The cost is £25 per person including the evening meal. Payment is in advance and I will be putting out disclaimer/entry forms.
This is open to British, American and commonwealth Allied troops and German and Italian Axis troops. Non tracked vehicles welcome.

Once 100% confirmed I will post up full details, until then if you could express your interest on this thread please. Please do not PM because my inbox is crammed with Chalke Valley stuff.

Thank you, your support would be welcome and perhaps we can make this an annual event.

Dave
grenadier Biermann

Re: Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Nice one I'm in all sounds perfect :wink:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
mrseppd

Post by mrseppd »

hi dave ksk would be up for this one cheers...
soest

Post by soest »

Hello,

This wouldn't be too far away for me so I'd be up to come either as part of the SBG if the group commits to come or on my own if thats acceptable.

Cheers

Soest
hanser

Post by hanser »

soest wrote:Hello,

This wouldn't be too far away for me so I'd be up to come either as part of the SBG if the group commits to come or on my own if thats acceptable.

Cheers

Soest
A personal invite has been sent to SBG and we in Das Reich have always been invited and supported SBG events so we are happy to return the favour. Whether or not your group attends, individuals are welcome as long as their public liability insurance covers them.

Dave
soest

Post by soest »

One way or another I hope to see you all there then.

Cheers

Soest
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

sounds great dave

will see if any of my lot want to come ..............should have renault back on rd by then
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Hello Dave. Spoke to Mick, DC, and Guy. Work and stuff permitting, they're up for it
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Looks like a good event, local aswell. Will ask the guys and try rustle up some interest.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Soundsd like a chance to get the FJR kit outfor a change and dusted down...Dave, Who is Sec 5 man for your Tac?.
Regards Pete
hanser

Post by hanser »

Pete Skillman wrote:Soundsd like a chance to get the FJR kit outfor a change and dusted down...Dave, Who is Sec 5 man for your Tac?.
Regards Pete
I have been speaking to Hamish and provisionally booked him. Be good to see a decent amount of FJ at the event and have them all working together. There will be defensive duties and offensive objectives. Someone will have to be in command and instruct their men accordingly. No script, just adjust tactics as things happen. Should be interesting and fun.

Dave
andyFJR2

Post by andyFJR2 »

Dave

Some of FJR2 have expressed an interest so will wait out for further details.

Andy
hanser

Post by hanser »

I am pleased to confirm the date now. The disclaimers will be posted on here asap. Please just copy and paste, fill it in and send it in the post.
Numbers are limited to 60 Axis troops until such time as Allied numbers exceed 60 then we will open up further Axis places. Ideally we want even numbers to make this work well.
Vehicles are welcome but only non tracked. If we get a full house of re-enactors then I had planned to hire some heavier weapons and these will be available free of charge for anyone who can afford to run the rounds through them. This can be individuals or groups.

We are planning objectives, written instructions and maps to assist each side, we are hoping to have radio comms to help with intel and deploying re-enforcements etc etc.
This will be full on tactical from kick off until either objectives are secured or we run out of light and need beer.
Drinking is allowed on site but you will be expected to take your mess/rubbish away with you. If we all police up our own rubbish we get to play another day.
Going to try something totally different regarding the battles which will be explained at the briefing prior to the kick off.
We are ALL staying in the same area and we have a field kitchen which can provide a hot meal on the Saturday night free of charge.
once in the field of battle until there are broken bones or wet blood this area is out of bounds. You are expected to carry rations that will keep you going during the day and enough water to keep you going. Water point is close by so bring water carriers please.

More to follow when full warning orders are issued nearer the event date.

Cheers
Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Copy, paste into Microsoft word and print off

Operation Teaboy Private Battle Disclaimer
7/8/9th February 2014

Applicant's Name : ...............................................................................................
Address Line 1 ....................................................................................................
Address Line 2 ....................................................................................................
Address Line 3 ....................................................................................................
Post Code ..........................................
Tel No ..........................................

MOBILE ...........................................
Email ............................................
Group Name ............................................
Group Contact ..........................................

Disclaimer
I fully accept that I am aware of the risks of personal injury that might occur during a private training battle. I have paid up current public liability insurance to cover injuries to third parties. I understand that blank firing weapons and pyrotechnic charges will be used during this event and are aware of the risks involved. I am physically fit and understand the risks of woodland rough terrain injury. I have had safety instruction prior to this event on the safe operation and use of the weapon systems being used at this event. I will attend the safety briefing prior to this event commencing and abide by its guidance. In the case of any kind of injury I will seek no legal action against the organisers or the site landowner. The organiser has the right to refuse any individual from taking part if it is found that unacceptable behaviour such as violence or alcohol/drug related issues. If you have any medical condition that may affect you during this event then please declare it so the organisers in writing prior to the event.
I agree to the above..

Signed ________________________ Print Name __________________________

What next?
1) Please send this form together with your payment (make cheques payable to D R RE-ENACTMENT) to:

D R Re-enactment, 41 Potters Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7UE
Cost per person is £25.00
Contact number.. Dave Spelling 07863112502
hanser

Post by hanser »

Anyone who wants to hire a weapon for this event should contact Hamish at History in the making.

http://www.history-making.com

Tel. 02392 253 175

pre booked weapons only and reasonable ammo costs.

Cheers
Dave

Return to “UK reenactment and events”