Medievil Arms

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Zschakel

Medievil Arms

Post by Zschakel »

Anyone every used these guys for helmets before?

Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
pepperpot

Re: Medievil Arms

Post by pepperpot »

As far as i know, these shells come from China, having said that when i got a M35 shell/liner in 2008 from a Chinese dealer, 'my expert of german origin' claimed that it might be an original. How come??? because the Russians gave the Chinese loads of these shells after the end of the war and these eventually were sold on places like ebay. However when i tried to get another one from the same dealer, the Chinese government had confiscated his stock of 4000+ to be used in the recovery of trapped people in the earthquake (in 2010?). They are now coming back on the market as the Chinese no longer want them and can be found on eBay. The only problem is the colour, they will need to be re painted and re transferred as well.
graham
Rudolf Ochse

Post by Rudolf Ochse »

medieval arms sells replicas. I bought my M38 there. They get their stuff from deepeeka.
3./Pz.Gren.Rgt.60 - Der Windhund
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

Thanks guys :D
kiler

Post by kiler »

pepperpot wrote:As far as i know, these shells come from China, having said that when i got a M35 shell/liner in 2008 from a Chinese dealer, 'my expert of german origin' claimed that it might be an original. How come??? because the Russians gave the Chinese loads of these shells after the end of the war and these eventually were sold on places like ebay. However when i tried to get another one from the same dealer, the Chinese government had confiscated his stock of 4000+ to be used in the recovery of trapped people in the earthquake (in 2010?). They are now coming back on the market as the Chinese no longer want them and can be found on eBay. The only problem is the colour, they will need to be re painted and re transferred as well.
graham
Beautiful story, but the helmet from the picture has wrong shape (find the pictures of originals and compare them with the angle of the back of this helmet). Its a copy fot sure.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

Thanks Guys, all sorted now :P
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

pepperpot wrote:As far as i know, these shells come from China, having said that when i got a M35 shell/liner in 2008 from a Chinese dealer, 'my expert of german origin' claimed that it might be an original. How come??? because the Russians gave the Chinese loads of these shells after the end of the war and these eventually were sold on places like ebay. However when i tried to get another one from the same dealer, the Chinese government had confiscated his stock of 4000+ to be used in the recovery of trapped people in the earthquake (in 2010?). They are now coming back on the market as the Chinese no longer want them and can be found on eBay. The only problem is the colour, they will need to be re painted and re transferred as well.
graham
I had a couple from there when starting out about the same time (2006/2007) and must
admit, the m35 shell did seem heavy, as heavy as my original (which was too small, hence
me getting a larger repro), i was quite pleased with this also the finish/crimping etc was
well made but when i came to buy another one a couple of years later this type were out
of stock ??

However he had started selling the M40 model so i bought that....but when receving it
seemed quite different, it was lighter for one also it seemed not so well made, the edge
crimping was rough and the shape seemed more squarer/not so round ??

Also on the earlier type i had purchased there were stamping marks on the back inside rim
which somebody had tried to grind off but were half visible, i took it it to be a repro flaw
but reading this who knows ???

Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
kiler

Post by kiler »

pepperpot wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wang_ ... oldier.JPG

says it all really
graham
Wait a moment - you are mixing some things up. I never said Chinese didn`t use M1935 helmets. They bought them before II world war straight from Germany (also some sdkfz 222`s - there are some nice pictures). However you wrote:
pepperpot wrote:because the Russians gave the Chinese loads of these shells after the end of the war
I don`t think Stalin would supply Kuomintang after the war as he was supporting Mao at the time.

Last but not least - the helmet from the first post is not original M35 and it can`t be Kuomintang leftover.
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

kiler wrote:
pepperpot wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wang_ ... oldier.JPG

says it all really
graham
Wait a moment - you are mixing some things up. I never said Chinese didn`t use M1935 helmets. They bought them before II world war straight from Germany (also some sdkfz 222`s - there are some nice pictures). However you wrote:
pepperpot wrote:because the Russians gave the Chinese loads of these shells after the end of the war
I don`t think Stalin would supply Kuomintang after the war as he was supporting Mao at the time.

Last but not least - the helmet from the first post is not original M35 and it can`t be Kuomintang leftover.
The helmet in this particular pic may not be an original...BUT i don't think we can rule
this thought out about this supplier because we wasn't there in post War China, we don't
know for sure ??

As for Stalin not suppling Kuomintang, that is true..BUT Kuomintang could've had supplies
of ex German lids from other sources, there were plenty about, similar to the K98 Mauser,
these after the War were bought up and used by a lot of foreign Countries so why not
surplus German lids ??

Not just that but Kuomintang could've used the pre war helmets they had in China
previously, we don't know for sure, these lids that were sold previously could be one of
these, the one i had certainly had the weight and feel of one compared to my other
original, i for one have an open mind on things that are not proved wrong until the
opposite is proven, not make assumptions based on my own opinions :|

Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
ShaneH

Post by ShaneH »

can anyone post a photo of the helmets they think are original. ive been in the german helmet game along time before i started reenacting. i collect helmets by there makers Q ET EF SE NS and so on each helmet manufacturer has a slightly different shape to there helmets so im very sure i can tell if the shell is orig or repro.
2nd kompanie. 1st SS div. L.A.H
MG GUNNER
BGC

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”