Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Moderator: Feldjager

POA1944

Re: Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by POA1944 »

I have had a Gavin heer tunic before and it was "alright"...I wasn't a fan of the cut.And the fit was a tad off...And the sleeves were way too long but that can but tailored.....Overall...Not a bad tunic for the price.....From what I have "seen" Hiki's "top wool" tunics are better.The wool looks nicer and the cut is better in the photos.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

the jumble with the sizes from Gavin still confuses me, I am a US 38Long the long is important since I am 6'2 So a 42 in Gavins size would be about correct?
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

Kurt Schulte wrote:the jumble with the sizes from Gavin still confuses me, I am a US 38Long the long is important since I am 6'2 So a 42 in Gavins size would be about correct?

Their sizes are off a bit.I ordered a 46r and it was like a 44r...It fit but it was snug.....Best to probably order a size bigger or message him your measurements....Or you will be spending a lot of money on shipping to China.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
Limey

Post by Limey »

Does this "order a size up" apply to trousers as well as tunics? I'm looking for a tunic in a 44R and trousers in a 36 waist. I should be ordering a 46R and 38...sound right?

Thanks in advance!
Olly

Post by Olly »

I'd go 2 sizes up for trousers! He makes them in strange Asian sides with a low waist. Trousers look better a bit baggy, rather than skin tight!

I would be a M trousers but I get an XL from him.
Limey

Post by Limey »

Not that I don't believe Olly ( :wink: ), but has that been others' experience with Gavin's trousers?

I really don't want to run into a hassle with messed up sizing if I can avoid it ahead of time. I'm a 36 waist in current trousers/shorts...but with room. Not quite a 34 (yet). Since this impression will be for battles only, I'm trying to avoid dropping a ton of "unnecessary" money into it. If it was a primary impression, I'd be saving up for Texled uniforms from ATF. :lol:

Thanks again, all!
Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

Limey its not a ton of unnessessary cash if you want to spend the few extra bucks, They will tailor make you a pair. I've had two uniforms made this way, for me it as an addition 8 dollars. Just a week or two more to wait. Both have arrived and fit as they should.
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
Limey

Post by Limey »

Kurt Schulte wrote:Limey its not a ton of unnessessary cash if you want to spend the few extra bucks, They will tailor make you a pair. I've had two uniforms made this way, for me it as an addition 8 dollars. Just a week or two more to wait. Both have arrived and fit as they should.
This may sound stupid, but if I give them my measurements (36 waist, 30 inseam) and ask for the tailored version, aren't I essentially paying extra for what is a standard off the peg size? Seems silly to me. I could understand it if I were some whackado size. I don't understand why there's such a hassle with standard sizing from these people. :lol:
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

POA1944 wrote:I have had a Gavin heer tunic before and it was "alright"...I wasn't a fan of the cut.And the fit was a tad off...And the sleeves were way too long but that can but tailored.....Overall...Not a bad tunic for the price.....From what I have "seen" Hiki's "top wool" tunics are better.The wool looks nicer and the cut is better in the photos.

Gavin is better...I had both...HIKI's I wouldn't even wear to an event where I know the tunic would be destroyed....

Or I could be too picky...but still, Gavin is better.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
durhamtrooper

Post by durhamtrooper »

Would keep well away from Gavin, ordered and payed for 2 tunics custom size, needed 52" chest, has sent me 46", and he blames me for not sending right size :!:
Refusing to help :twisted:
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I never had any problem with Gavin or with sizes of Gavin's uniforms. So far I ordered 3 times from them and everything was OK!
Quality of wool and color is excellent, same as my Sturm tunic... but much better (and more realistic) cut!
I have Gavin's tunic M42, trousers M43 and tropical tunic M40. All 3 in measures / sizes that I ordered.
For me Gavin's stuff is definitely best buy!
m1steelpot

Post by m1steelpot »

Took Gavin 3 months to send me the wrong uniform.

Great.
STEIGE AUS DEM BETT, DREH' DEN SWAG AUFFFFFF
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I guess it's a luck thing?
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

I had good service from Gavin. They sent me the correct size and the quality of wool was better than Sturm.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Olly

Post by Olly »

Many orders, some of them with some custom alterations. Never had a problem and the cut of the garments/quality is very good.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”