Best Tunic on the mart.. on a budget..

Moderator: Feldjager

Olly

Re: Best Tunic on the mart.. on a budget..

Post by Olly »

mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

Had a look at panther and ordered a fieldcap. Good tip, there are some really nice things on his website and I will certainly buy more, but he is not doing a M43. Anybody an idea where to buy good quality uniforms? What about Jahnke, how is his stuff? SMWholesale in US, how is there wool stuff (I just know their HBT which was dissapointing, the material is looking like a fishernet if you hold it against the light.
Felix
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

mutabornomine wrote:Had a look at panther and ordered a fieldcap. Good tip, there are some really nice things on his website and I will certainly buy more, but he is not doing a M43. Anybody an idea where to buy good quality uniforms? What about Jahnke, how is his stuff? SMWholesale in US, how is there wool stuff (I just know their HBT which was dissapointing, the material is looking like a fishernet if you hold it against the light.
Felix
Felix,

I've owned an original M43 HBT and you could see through the uniform practically. They weren't made by Gucci.

Last edited by SchutzeHagemann on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampfgruppe Steiner
SchutzeHagemann

GASP! Look how shiny an original unissued HBT tunic is.

Last edited by SchutzeHagemann on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampfgruppe Steiner
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

I may have wronged SMWholesale then, thanks for putting me right. If they are doing perfect replicas, how are their wool tunics? Material, cut, craftsmanship?
Felix
SchutzeHagemann

I can't answer that question I'm afraid. And to be honest, I have never had a SM Wholesale Hbt to compare the original I had to. I was just going by your description of the material.
Kampfgruppe Steiner
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

Steiner wrote:
POA1944 wrote:I must agree with Steiner.I have seen one original M44 feldbluse,and the wool wasn't that good at all.So since some of sturms wool isn't that good.It shouldn't be a huge deal if you got a M43 or M44 feldbluse.Overall.In my personal honest opinion.Gavin Militaria's german feldblusen is the best out there on a budget.
I have had tunics from Spearhead, Chen, RAU (Sturm), Militaria-net and Gavin, and the Gavin one is the best quality. Chen's one came a close second, but I felt it was a little too minty green (it was an M36). That's just my opinion, but I might be wrong.

I recently got a M42 Heer feldbluse made by Gavin and I love it.The wool is nice.Lining is nice with correct size markings and Military Depot mark/date.And I like it's cut.Just gotta get the sleeve tailored and it will be perfect.Overall Gavin's are the best quality "Imported" uniforms on the market in my opinion.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
SchutzeHagemann

POA1944 wrote:
Steiner wrote:
POA1944 wrote:I must agree with Steiner.I have seen one original M44 feldbluse,and the wool wasn't that good at all.So since some of sturms wool isn't that good.It shouldn't be a huge deal if you got a M43 or M44 feldbluse.Overall.In my personal honest opinion.Gavin Militaria's german feldblusen is the best out there on a budget.
I have had tunics from Spearhead, Chen, RAU (Sturm), Militaria-net and Gavin, and the Gavin one is the best quality. Chen's one came a close second, but I felt it was a little too minty green (it was an M36). That's just my opinion, but I might be wrong.

I recently got a M42 Heer feldbluse made by Gavin and I love it.The wool is nice.Lining is nice with correct size markings and Military Depot mark/date.And I like it's cut.Just gotta get the sleeve tailored and it will be perfect.Overall Gavin's are the best quality "Imported" uniforms on the market in my opinion.
Excellent to Heer ;). Thank you for your input POA. We were trying to find an inexpensive uniform that looks the part for new guys. They are always shocked at the sticker prices of the nicer ones. So, this is excellent news.

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
Moller

Post by Moller »

Do you have any pics of the Gavin tunic?? Be good to see some detail pics... please ..bitte Kamerad..
Moller

Post by Moller »

Do you have any pics of the Gavin tunic?? Be good to see some detail pics... please ..bitte Kamerad..
2ndgebirgs

Post by 2ndgebirgs »

Here are my uniforms from gavin. None of the insignia is from gavin. I've painted all of the buttons because the ones on them are a bit shiny and to dark. Been using these for about two years...25 or so events. Any questions about them I'll do my best to answer.
Attachments
M40
M40
031313180127.jpg (239.04 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
Special order m43 in stonegray
Special order m43 in stonegray
031313180602.jpg (217.48 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
M36
M36
031313180252.jpg (230.22 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
2ndgebirgs

Post by 2ndgebirgs »

More..
Attachments
M43 fieldgray
M43 fieldgray
031313180408.jpg (232.74 KiB) Viewed 7469 times
M42 HBT
M42 HBT
031313180505.jpg (240.85 KiB) Viewed 7469 times

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”