Anything in western Canada?

For all discussion about Axis re-enactment in North America.

Moderators: Wilder Feger, Jugendkrieger

kt326

Anything in western Canada?

Post by kt326 »

Are there any groups in or around western Canada? I have looked around, but the closest I can find is around Ontario! Thanks in advance.
GebirgsjagerEdelweiß

Re: Anything in western Canada?

Post by GebirgsjagerEdelweiß »

kt326 wrote:Are there any groups in or around western Canada? I have looked around, but the closest I can find is around Ontario! Thanks in advance.
I Live In Calgary and I have been trying to find some forever! Nothing yet :(
An Edelweiss, A Palm Tree, and A Golden horseshoe is all I need!
GebirgsjagerEdelweiß

Post by GebirgsjagerEdelweiß »

An Edelweiss, A Palm Tree, and A Golden horseshoe is all I need!
MountainWiess

Post by MountainWiess »

Canadians only join hockey! :lol: It would be great to have a Western Canadian Gebirgsjager unit.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

There was one when I lived in Canada, but after I left for Switzerland and a couple others left it was broken up. Funny though that almost all the members came from other countries. But still, it was the best place to do it in BC as you get all sorts of terrain and the people don't mind like they do here in Europe, and most of the time if you go up a bit further North, you won't meet anyone at all...besides some crazy dirt-bikers.

Why not start your own group? I bet you could find enough people interested, when I was there, I met plenty of people that were interested but they all didn't want to actually take the first step of forming a group, look at Bruno (glenn) here in Switzerland, what started off as 3 guys now has 35 members after 4 years, and during those 4 years there has only been 4 events. Just make a small event, post some awesome pics and watch others come begging to join. One must just offer something unique, and with all the mountains in BC, you can do that.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
grieffenberg

Post by grieffenberg »

I am looking to get into a group as well, if there is not one in BC but enough interest perhaps start one up?
Oberleutnant Ulrich

See, there's already a couple of you guys...it's a start, now if you guys were to go for a hike or something with all your gear, take some awesome pics then post 'em in some places where you might find other who are interested...then you'll have your group, once it's going, then I might even come back to visit! :mrgreen:
Arthur

grieffenberg

Post by grieffenberg »

lol, why sould you leave the beautiful alps? I for one miss germany alot and Bavaria even more, 13 years is a long vacation to be in Canada. but hopefuly i cna find some people interested 8)
Oberleutnant Ulrich

The Rocky alps :wink: of Canada are nice too and I grew up in BC....it's still home.
Arthur

Heiße scheiße

Post by Heiße scheiße »

Hello all. Bumping this up there to let folks know that there are at least 3 of us here in Calgary that are starting out in the reenacting.

We've been part of the reenactments located at the Museum of the Regiments in Calgary and also at Ft Saskatchewan Canada Day events.

At the moment I would guess there are approx. 15 people who portray the FSSF and as in total around 6 or 7 in southern Ab ( Edm & Cgy).

Wish I had seen this thread earlier as we are in desperate need of people with kit and enthusiasm to partake in this crazy hobby.

Il keep my eye on this thread for a while now.

Steve.
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Heisse,
pm sent
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Orks?
PWalk

Post by PWalk »

Yup, as Steve said, we're alive and well in Alberta! For those in Calgary, come out this Sunday to the Military Museums (formerly the Museum of the Regiments) military through the ages day - the WWII reenactment will be taking place from 10-10:25, and 2-2:30, approximately.

Although the groups name is the "First Special Service Force Living History Association", we actually encompass both Axis and Allied reenactors (as it's hard to have one side without the other!). You can find our unit information here: http://www.firstspecialserviceforcelha.com/
Doc2ndDiv

Post by Doc2ndDiv »

We are currently ramping up a Gebirgsjager Unit in the Okanagan B.C. Representing the 2nd. Division. Anyone interested in joining us, or allied units wishing to skirmish please drop me a line!! "Doc" doc7144@gmail.com

Return to “USA and Canada reenactment and events”