Police officers tunics

Moderator: Feldjager

Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Police officers tunics

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Barry, britches or Trousers depending on footwear/rank and duty, officers nearly always britches Meister either depending on what he is doing at the time and lowler ranks whatever they are told to wear.
(Aint it always so). :roll:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Don't have much on police,except edged weapon related,this pic; is from "Swords of Germany 1900/1945[attachment=0]Pol 001.jpg[/attachment
I know Epic do post war police breeches,but do not know if they are good enough for WW2,Dave would be best to say yay or nay on that.
Attachments
Pol 001.jpg
Pol 001.jpg (65.48 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
barryG

Post by barryG »

Ive only the Osprey books, so bearing in mind these tunics appear to be the same as officers tricot Im guessing officers breeches would be a fair bet? Obviously headgear is a huge issue!
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The "Rolls Royce" of caps are Janke,James Brown of 'Extra Klasse',doe's police caps at £160 +pp,insignia is extra,but they scream quality.The repro 'Erel' caps are a lot cheaper but they look it.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
barryG

Post by barryG »

Thanks John, Id love a good police uniform.... always a bit dubious about mail order as I like to try it on, but they do give a good guide to measurements on their site.

I suppose you could make a decent early war FG uniform out of that tunic, as many FGs just used their old uniforms for a time early on.
Crazy Feldgendarme

My cap is from James brown Barry (you have seen that a couple of years ago).
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Crazy Feldgendarme

John the post war Police britches from Epic are fairly good (i have a pair), HOWEVER matching them with the wrong colour tunic does not look good and the likelyhood of finding a genuine tunic in todays sizes is unlikely not to mention expensive. The other guy at WAR and Peace a couple of years ago who was with me was wearing all origional gear (but he was only a small bloke)

GeFoPo
barryG

Post by barryG »

Yes, I saw the other guy and he looked superb. Like you say original gear in large sizes is almost impossible to find. Back to these tunics, I cant find any referance to the grey tricot being used on them.... I think its best to steer clear of them. Shame, as it would make a fantastic evening impression.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Agreed, shame really as the cut etc is pretty good just completley the wrong colour cloth.

GeFoPo

Return to “Feldgendarmerie”