gavin militaria? any hbt customers comments?

Moderator: Feldjager

Gliderinf

Re: gavin militaria? any hbt customers comments?

Post by Gliderinf »

Richard and dog green can get you the same stuff - let them deal with him.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
m1steelpot

Post by m1steelpot »

Update on Gavin:

A dealer in the US got a recent shipment in, and a friend of mine had the opportunity to take a look at it.

Bad news. The QC is what I expect from Chinese makers. He must have switched to a new factory or something, because it is TERRIBLE.

I guess the latest run from the past few months that Otto Kohl spoke of is what is being sold everywhere now. BAD BAD BAD
STEIGE AUS DEM BETT, DREH' DEN SWAG AUFFFFFF
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:Gavin is a fucking idiot, his service is shit and he screws people over. You're lucky if you haven't had problems. His HBT is made with a cotton/linen mixture and the sheen disappears after a few washings. If you can get his stuff without dealing with him, I'd definitely recommend it. Either that, or buy through ebay and as soon as you even smell a problem, use paypal to claim your money back. He'll play games with you until the deadline passes.

Maybe you were the problem...
Each story has two sides....
I had many deals with him wich went smooth.
The hbt he uses is FULL linen NO mixture.

The best repro is an original...
feldman

Post by feldman »

I agree with some of the previous posters. I have the HBT pants and they are very thin & feels bad. Personally, i would not recommend them.

Rating: 1 of 5 Grenades
Retired & Armed
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

m1steelpot wrote:Update on Gavin:

A dealer in the US got a recent shipment in, and a friend of mine had the opportunity to take a look at it.

Bad news. The QC is what I expect from Chinese makers. He must have switched to a new factory or something, because it is TERRIBLE.

I guess the latest run from the past few months that Otto Kohl spoke of is what is being sold everywhere now. BAD BAD BAD
That must be it! It's not just my experience, I've spoken to several others who have all had bad deals.
Gavinmilitaria

Post by Gavinmilitaria »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:Gavin is a fucking idiot, his service is shit and he screws people over. You're lucky if you haven't had problems.

His kit is good though. His HBT is made with a cotton/linen mixture and the sheen disappears after a few washings. If you can get his stuff without dealing with him, I'd definitely recommend it. Either that, or buy through ebay and as soon as you even smell a problem, use paypal to claim your money back. He'll play games with you until the deadline passes.
You are idiot and buffoon,we have good reputation, thousands peoples like our items, our website has been attacked
at at April, and I have asked paypal to solve the problem, and all people get refund, anyone did not get refund, claim here! we are honest seller, and our HBT is 100% linen, if not everyone could get our HBT uniforms for free. You are totally a liar, you need to apologize to us!
Top-quality WWII Military Reproductions
http://www.gavinmilitaria.com/
Gavinmilitaria

Post by Gavinmilitaria »

m1steelpot wrote:
Otto Kohl wrote:I bought one of his HBT M42 uniforms some time ago. In my opinion its very crappy :roll: , material is VERY thin and it eaisyly rips . Additionally, it is very shiny and nothing can be done about it . I do not recommend this product.
Originals are very thin and rip easily. When issued, German HBTs had a distinct sheen to them that is still often seen on original pieces.
HBT have many kinds, 100% linen, 80% linen&20% cotton, 60% linen&40% cotton, 100% linen have distinct sheen,
check more origials then evaluate our HBT, we accept criticisms but not insult
Gavinmilitaria

Post by Gavinmilitaria »

feldman wrote:I agree with some of the previous posters. I have the HBT pants and they are very thin & feels bad. Personally, i would not recommend them.

Rating: 1 of 5 Grenades
Did you see an original 100% linen HBT before, we studied many orignials, compare our repro with an original 100% linen, then evaluate our HBT
Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

I just had a set of his HBT's tailor made less than a month ago. You can tell it is a 100% linen fabric, which makes it different from all other vendors who use a different fabric. Its lighter and cooler. I have only worn it once so I can not say anything to longevity. I have received positive feedback on the uniform, and it fits my tall lanky butt very well. To the US it took about 25-30 days from payment to receiving the item.
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Just a heads up gents
SOF are selling off their SMW HBT's at the moment but sizes are limited (32" 36" 42"),
brought a pair of SMW HBT trousers last week from them for £50 for the summer events
but were a bit big so shrunk them in the hot wash which seemed to work :wink:

Pipes
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

Peiper wrote:Just a heads up gents
SOF are selling off their SMW HBT's at the moment but sizes are limited (32" 36" 42"),
brought a pair of SMW HBT trousers last week from them for £50 for the summer events
but were a bit big so shrunk them in the hot wash which seemed to work :wink:

Pipes
good news!
imo their hosen are v good-drill perfect but m43 lack correct fob flap and straight end braces tags..
the 'm43 tunic in hbt' from them though-imo- is an embarrasing disaster-wrong cut, wrong design-sadly too common re hbt 'repros'
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Gavinmilitaria wrote: You are idiot and buffoon,we have good reputation, thousands peoples like our items, our website has been attacked
at at April, and I have asked paypal to solve the problem, and all people get refund, anyone did not get refund, claim here! we are honest seller, and our HBT is 100% linen, if not everyone could get our HBT uniforms for free. You are totally a liar, you need to apologize to us!
Cool story.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:His HBT is made with a cotton/linen mixture[..]
Any proof to that claim?

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”