Das Reich

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Reich Crispies

Re: Das Reich

Post by Reich Crispies »

...and the guy on right of shot.
Young Bruce!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
helga

Post by helga »

So ladies and gents another exciting year is in front of us. We have some new and exciting events this year. Looking forward to being out there with u all. Only a few weeks to go for the first event!!
People who think they know everything only infuriate those of us who do
Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backwards and in high heels.......

F.R.A.U. Females Re-enacting Axis Units
superjay
Location: the marquis of lorne 9 mill road gillingham kent me7 1hl

Post by superjay »

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Looking forward to meeting up with all the Das Reich family for another great season of top class events. Is it my imagination or has this winter been a bloody long one? seems like a year since I`ve put on a set of Runes!!!!
Hope this year the weather is kind to us all and beer flows generously.....

Dave
sparky

Post by sparky »

Maple Durham was a blast,
Up next gunpowder mills, this is the third show of the season for us this year.
Field kitchen is getting its first run out!
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
shultz wuffenbach

Post by shultz wuffenbach »

Was great to meet you guys (and gals) last weekend

really enjoyed myself

Big thanks to Dave for showing me how to field strip a K98

and to Neil for the Saturday evening entertainment was good watching him boogie on down :D

Look forward to the next meet

Regards

Simon
gottmituns205

Post by gottmituns205 »

Couldn't recommend these guys any more than I already do.

Top notch group, they work hard and play hard. Close knit, and you're always busy on a display.

You get to partake in very unique experiences. For example, Das Reich has the world's ONLY inflatable 1940 Berlin stamped rubber assault boat. We took it out at RGM two weekends ago on the water...that was...fantastic.

Couldn't ask for a better group to be in.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Dale, just admit you liked the feel of the rubber....don`t be ashamed my friend... :shock: :D
sparky

Post by sparky »

RGM was a great success for us as a group, all members working to improve everything over the winter has really paid off.
The field kitchen proved to be towable and useable not bad for 70 years old. She's now undergoing a bit of maintenance and getting some new tyres ready for the next event at chalke valley.

We have a couple of openings for some new recruits if you are up to the challenge, as a group we try to vary what we do at each show, depending on what we have available to us to avoid stagnation and repetition. We always try to get a couple of new shows each year as well so to maintain interest in the scene.

If your interested then drop myself or Hanser a pm and we can forward you on to recruitment as our illustrious leader is currently in exile ;)

See you all at war and peace if your not going to chalke valley.
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
gottmituns205

Post by gottmituns205 »

hanser wrote:Dale, just admit you liked the feel of the rubber....don`t be ashamed my friend... :shock: :D
Great Dave! You just ruined the surprise! I was making a rubber SS gimp suit for war and peace!

That aside, I can easily say this is one of the top groups in the country, possibly even europe. Their smaller size (30 something) keeps the group tight knit and avoids the "clique" feeling you get with larger groups. Sure they don't have Tigers or Stugs, but what they do have is some insane ideas to bring out the toys NO ONE ELSE has. They've got some badass projects coming down the pipe for 2013 and I have little to no doubt 2014 will be even better.

The new members learn rapidly drill and other useful techniques to keep them realistic, and practical. Honestly I can say I have learned from them things I will happily take back home to America and spread around, but will never find a group just like this one. These guys aren't hollywood reenactors, they keep it legit. They work as one, and play as one. I have never felt more welcome amongst a group than I have with them.

Beware, if you guest with Das Reich you get hooked!
hanser

Post by hanser »

A great year so far for the boys and girls of Das Reich/Frau, war and peace was a blast and if you missed the`socks on cocks` show then you missed out on a right laugh. I might put the picture on here but it got taken off facebook and war and peace site.
Cleethorpes gig was fantastic, having 3 mortars firing using correct drill was amazing but cost a few quid in ammo.
Levisham in October, if you thought the V1 we made was good then see what we have made this year.......something totally different.

Dave
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Damn good start to the season.
The comraderie and beer tent antics are a good as ever, and the addition of a bicycle truppe for this year is only adding to the fun and falls!
If u haven't come to meet the gang, pop along at a show
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

With Bushey

and RGM

now behind us and some new skills being put into practice I looks like 2014 will be a gammon pouch of a year!!!!! ;-)
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

On our glorious march around England the somewhat dashing members of the Aufklärungs Abteilung Das Reich will be forming an op at the Englishes castle at Tutbury 24-26 May
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

What a fantastic time at Tutbry Castle for the Aufklärungs Abteilung Das Reich setting up our command post in the castle grounds our scenario was based around Kursk 43,

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”