Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
rolfwaldmann

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by rolfwaldmann »

Guys, just loading up my pictures on to my World War 2 Reenactment Photo Album, which you can inspect here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 248&type=3
"But I thought the cathedral was on der other side of the square...."

rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

Okay, Facebook album now loaded, enjoy (for those of you with access to Facebook that is - I'll try to load them up here as well, later...)

rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

And finally, although my CO, Martin, has already said it, thanks to everyone, especially Pete for organising it all, and Manny for a brilliant command of the German forces, and thus a cracking weekend. Also enjoyed working with Das Reich, the Falschirmjager, the Wehrmark groups and having a go at the Brits and Yanks. Cheers muchly, cracking event!!

barryG

Post by barryG »

Hi, your Facebook page is saying its unavailable.... have to say, you guys in KSK were very impressive with your stamina marching up those hills, I was basically dying following along!
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

What a great event - and totally amazing that the rain pretty much bypassed us :D ! A big thanks to Pete Skillman for organising it and to Manny for doing such a great job. Thanks also to the Fallschirmjaegers, the boys of Kampfgruppes Greif and Jungmann for providing some fantastic photo and filming opportunities (the film should be ready in time for the Cannes festival). Good job everyone from a grateful PK team :) .
rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

barryG wrote:Hi, your Facebook page is saying its unavailable.... have to say, you guys in KSK were very impressive with your stamina marching up those hills, I was basically dying following along!
Damn, probably because you have to join the group beforehand, okay try this: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 248&type=3

barryG

Post by barryG »

Cheers, that link works fine :wink:
rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

Great, I'm going to load them up here anyway, just as soon as they clear Flickr...

rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

Anyone know how to load pictures on here from Flickr? Bloody confusing!!!

Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Great Photos!

I like the way you've posted text next to each one, explaining what we are looking at. :wink:

Thanks for posting!

Manny
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

rolfwaldmann

Post by rolfwaldmann »

Fantastic stuff!!

Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Yep, great photos!

Thanks for posting Mike! :wink:
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceYUN8f690
Ed Coutts Britton/LHA filmaker ...
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

Goodmorning you all,

Well, what can I say behalve of my Gruppe....
We came home yesterday after a night sleep at Eriks place, all beaten up, full of bruises and very very tired.

Arriving late on Friday wasn't that bad anymore when we looked back at the whole event.
The waiting on the Saturdaymorning was the hardest for our Gruppe, we're not use to that but our Zugführer Max of GD made that more baerable by staying calm and giving us some space to do Späh actions.
This resulted in 2 of our guys being captured by the British paratroopers up on the hill at there HQ. Searching us, keeping our kit together after stripping it from us, interrogation in German and treating us like real pow's was for me one of the highlights. Our sincere compliments to them, staying in there role that well!!
Little tip, don't talk about numbers/ orders/ ranks etc when pow's are near. Maybe I've studied English on an university in Berlin. I could also count all troups on the spot. No offence, just tips for the next time you capture some Germans.
In the end of the day we just joined up again for a little pince on there left flank, did a last assault on there lines and managed to "tag" the M10 a little. :roll:

The Sunday was very special because of the Beutefahrzeug ( many thanks Rob!! ). The faces of the Allied soldiers while driving through there lines to get to our own were priceless!! The surprised looks from our own side did some good also :wink:
The working together between Manny, the M8 and our Gruppe after joining up again on our lines was very pleasent. Filling up the scenario was more then joyfull as REAL Panzergrenadiere.

Being at the Bailey bridge, running for the Yanks, discovering that I didn't look at German Fallschirmjäger but British ones at 20m distance standing still with my binoculairs was a not so nice surprise. Being trapped between them and with only a open field in front of us, we just did our last trick. Shooting at both sides and run!
There the war ended for us, but not before seeing the British firing upon the Yanks :twisted:

We informed all the family of the Panzergrenadiere that died heroically and we know they are at a save place right now... :cry:

"Niemals übergeben aber Kämpfen bis letzte Panzergrenadiere!"
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *

Return to “UK reenactment and events”