SM Wholesale HBT dot drillich set - sizes

Moderator: Feldjager

Heini Leitner

SM Wholesale HBT dot drillich set - sizes

Post by Heini Leitner »

Hello,
I'd like you to ask about sizes of SM Wholesale made dot linen HBT jacket and trousers.
Do they sizes are "normal"? If you buy 42 inch size tunic it's real 42? No smaller or much larger? Same with trousers.
It's important question when buying so expansive stuff. So, owners of this uniforms, please let me know about your experiences :)
Dot tunic looks good when it's well fitting, so...
Stigroadie

Re: SM Wholesale HBT dot drillich set - sizes

Post by Stigroadie »

I got the size I ordered and it fits like the size I ordered. I ordered one size up so it might go over my wools.
The cut of the ATF or the Panther store uniform is superior to SMW, though the SMW cloth is without equal.
Remf

Post by Remf »

The trousers are long in the leg as i am a short a**e at 5ft 8", but they are very good on the waist size i ordered.

Alan
'Once a Rifleman always a Rifleman'
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'm 1.90m and they were good for me.
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Hi I have both the SM Wholesale complete suit and Panther Store Trousers, and ATF Trousers

All are very good to be Fair, also Zib Militaria`s Dots suit is excellent for the money, this is the suit that Richard Underwood was selling just recently and my son has it and the fit etc is very very nice and also the colouring and the material is nice quality to thick HBT.

SM Wholesale do wear and fade like the originals in my oppinion and the fit is good, and they are known as being the best manufacturers

I bought ATFs trousers the cut of the leg is straight which might bother some people, the colouring is very stable, on my pair I think the side adjusters were the wrong way round but that was all, the foot loops could have done with being more robust so I cut mine off. and re sewed the buttons, the garment itself is nice though, there is an example of the straight leg version of pea dot is in the book "Camouflage Uniforms of the waffen SS".

Panther Stores pea dots are very nice to, pockets werent to deep on mine which I didnt like, and the brown was very dark but Im lead to beleive that this will fade with a few washes, the fit was outstanding and so was the cut, and the foot loops were also robust.

I think in regards to pea dots looking at the above mentioned book there seems to be so many different types of material used and the colours are from bright to subdued, I think it would have to come down to personal taste really of how you the Re-Enactor wants to look. the manufacturers mentioned above are in my oppinion the best on the market and ones that I have first hand experience of............... PM me if you would rather ask a question

I Hope this helps all who read this

I have this year moved away from Pea dots mostly, as I prefer the more classic SS look smock etc, my move away from Pea Dots is based on seeing so many guys turning up in feshly bright laundered pea Dots that they look very odd, when you consider we are supposed to have been in battle for some months on end

Oh yes nearly forgot be carefull washing your Pea dots Ive washed mine once, always wash in luke warm water and and I mean luke warm almost cold, do not spin or tumble dry let them hang in the fresh air away from sunlight in the garage if possible.............unless you want a rediculous tight shrunk uniform
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

Heini Leitner

Post by Heini Leitner »

Thanx mates! It helps me much :D
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

There are photo comparison threads for SMW, ATF, Ant-Z, old and later versions, and Panther store already on the forum.
You can see them side by side and see how ant-z confessed to copying a Panther store item that was flawed.
Use the search function. It works.
Rentsel

Post by Rentsel »

I ordered a SM Wholesale 40' tunic and 32' trousers. Im 1,83 m and they were way too long (but just long, not wrong). The trousers and jacked had to be totally disassembed and put together again. Otherwise the material is the closest to original.

If you know a good tailor, I would go with the SMW.
Heini Leitner

Post by Heini Leitner »

Rentsel wrote:I ordered a SM Wholesale 40' tunic and 32' trousers. Im 1,83 m and they were way too long (but just long, not wrong). The trousers and jacked had to be totally disassembed and put together again. Otherwise the material is the closest to original.

If you know a good tailor, I would go with the SMW.
40" tunic and 32" trousers seems to be too small for your size... hmmm... how chest have you?
I'm 180 cm, 103 cm chest, 95 waist and wear usually 42 tunic and 34 trousers... strange :shock:
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

All this preoccupation with size is distressing boys! :wink:
Rentsel

Post by Rentsel »

40" tunic and 32" trousers seems to be too small for your size... hmmm... how chest have you?
I'm 180 cm, 103 cm chest, 95 waist and wear usually 42 tunic and 34 trousers... strange :shock:[/quote]

Actually I have just a bit smaller chest and waist than you. I think that considering the different shapes and sizes of human body, one can only buy different uniforms himself and choose if they are correctly sized or not.

But I would say yes, SMW dot44 uniforms are over-sized.
Doppelsöldner

Post by Doppelsöldner »

Does someone have an SMW M44 dot jacket in size 40 or 42? I'd like to know the width of the jacket (armpit to armpit). Thanks.
Doppelsöldner

Post by Doppelsöldner »

OK, so I recently acquired a brand new SM Wholesale M44 camo tunic in size 40. In case someone's interested, here are its measurements. All measurements are taken with all buttons closed and the jacked laid on a flat surface with all creases straightened. I estimate the tolerances to be less than one cm.

- Chest (armpit to armpit): 55 cm
- Back length (top of normally folded collar to hem): 77.5 cm
- Sleeve length (from top of shoulder seam): 68-69 cm
- Front placket length: 64 cm
- Width at shoulder seam (max.): 45 cm
- Width at 4th button: 53.5 cm
- Width at 5th button: 54.5 cm
- Width at hem (back vent unstretched): 60 cm

The fit is excellent for me at the most critical point (i.e. shoulders). At the chest it's a bit roomy and from the chest downwards it's way too roomy, so I'll have to get it altered (my chest: 100 cm, waist: 90 cm). The cut is very generous and will surely fit people with a veteran supply officer's body-build. But after all, it's US made.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”