Accurate Zeltbahn Reproduction?

Moderator: berlin1945

dagda

Re: Accurate Zeltbahn Reproduction?

Post by dagda »

TBH just a glance! They look a bit different from the ones I have, but I put that down to the photography!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

feldman

Post by feldman »

Stigroadie wrote:Noticed whats wrong with them?
Well, not wrong but very, very unusual.
SM Wholesale or PANTHER-STORE WH zelts ?
Retired & Armed
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

SMW.
feldman

Post by feldman »

i tried to find.. something.. only thing i react on is the splinter pattern it self, looks weird..? ..and colors, but it can be the camera
http://www.1944militaria.com/ProductDet ... e=H-SPZELT
Retired & Armed
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

And I thought the human brain was adapted for pattern recognition? :?
For the normal splinter A pattern, the one we all know and love from zeltbahns to smocks via winter parkas and helmet covers, how do you identify the pattern? What key points do you use to judge the accuracy of the print?
For me the big signals come from the green areas. They are quite small, they are always grouped in threes and.......they are surrounded or embedded in the larger dark brown areas.
Now go back and look at the print on 1944, what do you see?
feldman

Post by feldman »

My pattern recognition is not comparable with experts, i have never even seen or touched an original. It was just that, compared to what i have seen before, on pictures, it looked "weird". I did not take time and went deeper why it looked weird, i wanted to eat lunch :lol: . I just looked at the pics for 30 sec..

So, it is a missprint ?
Retired & Armed
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Yes, two screens have been applied with the wrong colours.
Essentially the background grey/tan and the dark brown are reversed.
What should be brown is tan and vise versa.
There is some thought that this did occur on very rare occasions back in WW2 and I'd love to see an original example of this.
So far I cant find any. :(
I want to buy this 1944 mutant for my collection but I have a feeling they may get discounted and sold off so I'm holding my breath.
That said if no one else notices or cares then I might suffocate.
I might just get the helmet cover in the same print.
feldman

Post by feldman »

I got fooled by the reversed colors :) ..my eyes are not what they once were.. brain FAIL
Stigroadie wrote:There is some thought that this did occur on very rare occasions back in WW2 and I'd love to see an original example of this.
I think i have read about / seen some original misprints.. somewhere.. I will do a search later among my images / PDF´s, and if i find any images, ill put them up for you.

Hope you get a copy before they run out
Retired & Armed
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I've seen mirrored versions where the screens were used 'upside down' and the 'colours reversed' splinter used on some winter uniforms.
That version has brown and green reversed so it looks a little like a Hard edged Sumpfmuster.
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Stigroadie wrote:That isnt a bad looking repro at all.
It has 3 hole buttons and a much better print than the Strum version that has the errors.
The button pitch changes where it should so it will button to originals.
I might invest in one to have a look.
looking much better then the crappy sturm ones indeed.
and it's price 39,95 euro is a bargain comparing to the rest of quality zelts...
i will buy myself one in the future. :P

The best repro is an original...
zib-militaria

Post by zib-militaria »

Hi guys, yes we have that new tent quarter. Developed on an original, very closely with our supplier. We have it in two version - one with bigger colour differnce from summer and autumm side and one with a slighter difference of sides. We recently put many own development into shop and did work on better pictures, and many more items will follow next months. Also I just bought 6 pallets of original WWII german and US militaria, those will also go shortly into shop in a new categorie for original stuff. Concerning the payment options I am really sad that we do not accept paypal or credit card nowadays. We would really love to offer this payment method - it is already technical integrated in shop system...

ZIB was started in 2006 and until 2009 we had no problem with taking payments with paypal or credit card...then someday paypal decided that our product range was not inside their internal guidelines, same did money bookers a few weeks later. Also our Deutsche Bank bank accounts got cancelled because of the range we trade. Demilled weapons and WWII military items that only can harm you if you got throw them on the forehead. Our new bank sent out an employee to check all our products, I told them in advance about the problems we expected in the past. They checked our range and there was no problem. We work on finding a new credit card booking company now also but it is really not easy with that product range, especially in Germany and even if you are completely unpolitical. That just as info because so many people request paying with paypal/cc to us. So for the moment you can only pay with IBAN bank wiring to us (using your bank account with our SWIFT(BIC and IBAN number), inside EU countries it should really be free of any charges - there is an EU guideline for that. Is it true that you pay charges from UK?

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg, Heiko
DER SOLDATEN

Post by DER SOLDATEN »

Christian_PzJgAbt228 wrote:http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143 ... cts/190615

Zib-Militaria has his own Repro of the Zeltbahn 31.
It is not bad and the price is same as Sturm, but better quality.
Do the gromets hold up well in these or the ones from panther store?
The Sturm ones poped out under the weight of a helmet.=sucked!
Obergefreiter Michael Frye
1./Panzerjäger Abteilung 228 Image
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Hello Heiko,

When I send you a message through your website you do not answer it. Why is that? I tried ordering on several occasions but I gave up because I did not get an answer.

regards
dagda

Post by dagda »

Sorry to be late getting back to you Stig, had another look and you are right! Why did they do it? Its a bit like the reversed colour splinter B jumpsmocks, a bit of a minority repro? still I bought one of the smocks anyway! Had to, Smock love and all! :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

zib-militaria

Post by zib-militaria »

Hi Sheikh, those inquiries go the Vincent's mailbox and he normally is very quick in giving answer. Right now he has a backlog of 24 hours because of very very busy january business, so within 1 day the latest you should have his answer. You can also PM us here or you write to me personally at heiko@zib-militaria.de.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”