SSnez

Re: FOR PEOPLE STARTING OUT AND THOSE WISHING TO DO IT RIGHT

Post by SSnez »

brillant. thanks very much for your help
"When I was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Found some VERY OLD pictures we used to have on the 116 website to illustrate kit.

Apart from a helmet net I think they will provide what has been asked for. A basic guide to what to wear and how and where.
rog1.jpg
rog1.jpg (95.41 KiB) Viewed 17130 times
rog2.jpg
rog2.jpg (92.8 KiB) Viewed 17130 times
rog3.jpg
rog3.jpg (95.33 KiB) Viewed 17130 times
rog4.jpg
rog4.jpg (92.96 KiB) Viewed 17130 times
And I think they may be Royal Navy deck boots as this was in the days before Repro snurrschue.
Get your people looking like this and you can be assured of fitting in with everyone else......
Walther

Post by Walther »

We like to try and keep things uniform in our mob, so this is the one we use in our 'new starters pack' as an example of Feld to illustrate to newcomers how it should all be worn.

We also include a picture of what is correct for morning parade wear as well - a picture says a 1000 words and they help avoid any confusion.

Neil
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Spot on Walther - the photos I posted were taken in 2000. I suspect yours were taken within the last 12 months? And the differences? Nil....... Just as it should be....... Thanks for the input - proves the point well. And anyone looking at your group will see the results of this approach.
Walther

Post by Walther »

Bang on mate - at the Victory Show the other week in fact as it was time to replace our old ones and freshen them up a bit.

Been using the others since we did that Stalingrad filming.

The equipment worn and stance is copied from the Reibert, so not open to any criticism (hopefully :wink: )
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

AND ....to learn after you've thrown yourself to the ground, returned fire, got up.....
To check behind you as most of your kit will be on the ground you werefiring from and hanging around your knees once your up.. :? .
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Is that not the point of the 'Sprung!' command, to retrieve everything thats fallen from your webbing or in more extreme cases, re-assemble your webbing to ready yourself for moving on? ;)
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

GraemeMac wrote:Is that not the point of the 'Sprung!' command, to retrieve everything thats fallen from your webbing or in more extreme cases, re-assemble your webbing to ready yourself for moving on? ;)
:lol: How many private battles have you done? :lol:

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Just a tip for any newbies using original leather equipment, dont but if you must
give it a good soak with oil first as it has a tendency to split and rip, just keep pouring the
oil on it and you'll find the old leather will soak it up like a sponge, leave it for a night then
put some more on until it wont soak it up any longer, this will preserve the leather a bit
longer and make it more supple :wink:

Also dont drink out of original bottles, especially the steel ones that have been painted as
the original paint is lead based, get a repro bottle if you can to drink from and just use the
originals for show, here endeth the lesson lol :lol:

Good luck, Pipes
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Awwwww PIPES! You've started the debate now!! :lol:

I've been drinking out off my 1942 dated bottle for 4 years now, no ill effects.

But you are VERY right about ANY bottle painted on the inside, avoid. Don't risk it. Leave it on the shelf as a collectors item :P

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Jaws wrote:Awwwww PIPES! You've started the debate now!! :lol:

I've been drinking out off my 1942 dated bottle for 4 years now, no ill effects.

But you are VERY right about ANY bottle painted on the inside, avoid. Don't risk it. Leave it on the shelf as a collectors item :P

Regards,

Gary.
Lol :lol:
Fair one but after seeing some guys doing just that this yr from nasty painted ones
made me say this again,

Tbf though i had been drinking from a few of my ALLOY ones after sterilizing them but
seeing a few repro bottles on sale that look spot on now there's no need (see Militaria
Net, no advert lol), whats annoying though is when the leather bottle straps break grrrrr :evil:

Enjoy, :D lol, Pipes
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

My water bottle is a repro, it's been made out of the silver melted down rattles and soothers from..... my rich extremely nonsense ancestors. Surely that'll be safe? :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

For example I get my self about 3years ago grey knitted socks with rings on ! Now I need to know who's responsible in your group for checking what socks you wearing ??? :lol:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

If you get ringed socks, make sure you get proper quality repro's. The cheap ones sold everywhere don't hold up and you'll walk holes in them in a single weekend.
shinyheed

Post by shinyheed »

that all looks like top advice to a newbie like me, thanks

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”