VICTORY SHOW 2011 DVD - RELEASED 31 OCT2011 REVIEW!

Moderator: Pirkka

Hoffman Grink

VICTORY SHOW 2011 DVD - RELEASED 31 OCT2011 REVIEW!

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Thank you Dave Sinclair for the review copy of the DOUBLE DVD!
Just finished watching it. Had company who hadn't seen the show and they were literally blown away by the coverage, the quality and the content.

Obviously I'm biased but here follows my review as objectively as I can.

Was I sitting comfortably? YOU BET I WAS! I've waited and pestered for this DVD since the show ended and it arrived this afternoon......

Unwrapping the package gave an insight into the professionalism and care with which this has been produced. The cellophane outer and the full colour hard case are visually pleasing and nicely laid out.

I opened the gatefold case and took out DVD1. WOW! The quality of picture and the sound is amazing. Dave sets the scene and then we're off!!!!!! The Set up interviews and footage and then coverage of the Living History as well as the Dance and Displays flow seamlessly. In depth pieces are stunning and I hate to say it but Normandy 44 can do a little more than just shift the entire annual production of a small brewery each year :D :D :D

Their set pieces with the Field Service and the Medical scenes are attention grabbers. There is enough in there for the metal heads, gun afficionados, modellers, collectors and just 40's geeks in general. A wide selection of groups are featured including the Diggers and the JRA. It is a well balanced viewing experience and I didn't want it to be over.... But it was eventually and over an hour seemed to disappear in ten minutes........ The end titles instructed me to Insert DVD2.

So I did.

And DVD 2 didn't disappoint either - If you need something to occupy you - count the number of times The Hog Roast appears!!!!!! I guarantee however you won't even notice (well maybe once or twice!) as the Dance and the Artistes are featured including Chloe Marina Dance Paul and Natasha Harper and the Ockbrook Big Band.....

The battle footage is some of the best I have encountered and giving Dave and his team unrestricted (nearly) access certainly paid off. Some of the footage if played with could easily be confused for wartime documentary excerpts! The spirit of the battle is captured and the other stunts are brilliantly presented including the ill fated Vulcan bomb run which Dave saved in my opinion by including 2009's footage of the Vulcan at Cosby.

All in all - it is an excellent product, it is a very representative memento of the Show and it is a fantastic advert for both our hobby and Steve and his team's venue. It's also a darned good showreel for SinVision.

I recommend this for a stocking filler for the re-enactor in your life - Or treat yourself cos you're more than likely in it!!!!!! I couldn't keep up with shouting people's names out as I recognised them.

Order your copy today online from SinVision - Dave has produced this himself and is relying on sales to be able to be at Victory 2012 and produce the next masterpiece.

I can actually, from a standpoint of knowledge say to Dave and his Team - WELL DONE and THANK YOU. I can also once again say to Pep, Pratt and Co - and all the loons who made this gig what it was - THANK YOU TOO! Now buy a DVD and have a souvenir worth having.
ringer

Re: VICTORY SHOW 2011 DVD - RELEASED 31 OCT2011 REVIEW!

Post by ringer »

I was going to suggest a teaser trailer may boost sales...

Then I found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz5rf7p3peg

link to DVD purchase is there too
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Perfect Stocking Filler and you can play "Spot The Re-enactor"

Order today!
maddog

Post by maddog »

I have been assured that Santa will bring me one. :D :D :D
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

This teaser is sh*t hot too :D
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.

Return to “Books, films & other media”