Michael Gaißmair winter training

European discussion. Post events here too.
Peter Bauer

Re: Michael Gaißmair winter training

Post by Peter Bauer »

Wish I could come early, unfortunately I'm busy until friday and will arrive in the evening-ish.
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

My current plan is to start trekking from Valkeakoski at 1200. Arrival would be set around or after 1500.

I am at your disposal to help with final preparations if necessary.
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
pvt Surkia

Post by pvt Surkia »

Fisto wrote:My current plan is to start trekking from Valkeakoski at 1200. Arrival would be set around or after 1500.

I am at your disposal to help with final preparations if necessary.

Fantastic.
Antakee viinaa hanuristille !!!!!!!!!!
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Well we are back temps dropped to -32c so this was a cold one
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ewald Koch

Post by Ewald Koch »

Lowest documented temperature was -33C, -37C was also mentioned but I haven't seen a picture of that yet.

Anyway, our warmest thanks to our guests, our host Rokka and support staff - especially Klasu and his kitchen crew. Pictures will be updated to our website as soon as possible.

IF you had a camera with you in the event and would like to share the best pictures with us and all who visit our website do email the pictures to this address: Image

"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 12
"Michael Gaißmair" re-enactors

gebirgsjaeger100

Post by gebirgsjaeger100 »

Just landet in Barcelona and I can't wait to say, ones more, THANK YOU!!! Thanks to the host, thanks to the untiring crew, but very specialy, thanks to Franz and Jutta.
HORRIDOH!!!
Albert "Schulz"
Hurra, die Gams!
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
Max

Post by Max »

Just arrived at home:

The only thing I can say it’s… Fantastic! Thank you everybody for a incredible weekend of work and kameradenschaft. Special thanks to the people working “behind the scenes” to make everything work, and of course a warmth Thank you to Franz, Jutta an family for his hospitality with the Horde of people invading his house.

A weekend for sure I never forget. :D

HORRIDOH!!

Max.
1./SS-"Deutschland"
1./SS-Ers.Btl. "Deutschland"
A proud member of the Second Battle Group.
Michael Gründler

Post by Michael Gründler »

Yesterday I arrived back home at around 14 o clock (amsterdam time), safe and well.

I had a really good time, got to know a lot of nice people!

Again thanks go out to Joel and Jutta for having us and taking such good care for us.

@Jutta, i really enjoyed that chicken!!!! ;)

The event itself was good, good rations and food by the cook. gave it that extra authentic feeling.
Compliments to the staff and the crew!

I'll post some pictures later....
Grüße,
Michael Gründler

gebirgsjaeger100

Post by gebirgsjaeger100 »

Friday, while we were bussy setting the tents and getting them worm, I got "some " snow in my boots. When we got to a moment of rest, I took the boots off and inside-sole, socks and toes were a block of ice. You can see the results for yourself:

As Franz allways says, frostbite is not a joke or a fairy tail. I might even loose the front part of two toes.
As you might know, I'm an old mountaineer, with a few decades of winter excursions in my back, but even so. I think the photo is a good advice for everybody :wink:
Of course, I'll be there next year (if I can convince my wife to let me go :lol: ).
Again, the Wintertraining has been one of the highlights of my reenactor life.
Thanks to Michael Gaissmar!
Hurra, die Gams!
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
Heinz O. Kaufmann

Post by Heinz O. Kaufmann »

Thanks for the weekend, the weather was normal ostfront weather and suited perfectly to the training. Thankfully the sun shined the whole weekend and gave some warmth during the days.

I like to thank all the organisers and HQ personel for their effort, and especially our tent habitants who kept the fire going and gave the most welcomed warmth to the tent.

gebirgsjaeger100, hopely your toes will be ok, I am sorry that we did not have any feet dancing moves to ease the cold.
Max

Post by Max »

Albert, you can have let us know before about your fingers… some meat in the food can have been a good addition to our soup diet. :twisted:

Now seriously, as I let you know in PM I hope everything ends in an anecdote to tell your grandson’s in the future. :wink:

Cheers!

Max.
1./SS-"Deutschland"
1./SS-Ers.Btl. "Deutschland"
A proud member of the Second Battle Group.
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

The event was huge improvement from last year and I can say that this year Gaissmar had all the elements in place! :) Pleasant event, weather was perfect and the supporting units performed very well (kiitti klaus <3). :)

Next year we need more action and combat in the woods! :)
28Wallonien

Post by 28Wallonien »

We arrived safely at home yesterday afternoon. Seems I took cold during the event since I had almost 40°C fever yesterday evening. Hopefully, it hapenned after the event and not on the field and I'm ok today.
I also wand to thank Franz and Jutta and familly for their hospitality, Rokka, all the Gaißmair crew, Maasa, the twins and support team and alle Kameraden present at this outstanding event.
Everything was perfect and authentic from Soldaten food to Ewald's paperwork.

@Albert, I hope you will recover quickly and that your wife will let you come next year ;-) , it would not be the same without you.
"Qui s'y frotte s'y pique"
3./I. SS Freiwilligen Grenadier Regiment 69
28. SS Freiwilligen Panzergrenadier Division "Wallonien"
Fisto

Post by Fisto »

To add to the artillery barrage of gratitude:

The event received critical acclaim from my end, with full five stars and an academy award! The weather was damn near perfect (almost too perfect! "aaaaa the blistering cold, gemme back to africa!") and the training program was a good mix of survival and combat training, though I would have liked a little more combat training. Perhaps elaborating on the squad maneuvers?

Special thanks to Mr.Repper and his staff, who managed their super human job magnificently. Sorry that we had to cut the weapons training short because of a saturday evening schedule change. Hope it still achieved its objectives :)
Also thanks go to the kitchen staff who kept me fed, and the warm company of Zug 2. Hope I get to see you again during the warmer months as well!

My point: I had loads of fun!
Tomumme maassa
Nimemme kivessä
Isänmaa on vapaa!
rednas

Post by rednas »

Great place, great weather, great people = great event...loved every bit of it :D :D :D

Return to “European reenactment and events”