Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
rednas

Re: Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

Post by rednas »

Sneak peak of the photos Erik made :wink:

TacAide

Post by TacAide »

Looks to have been a pretty good event and some great photos. But what happened to those posted by Heraldmessanger, or am I the only one who cannot view them? :?
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

i think it is a proplem on his account with photo bucket
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
Heraldmessenger

Post by Heraldmessenger »

Hi , No idea whats happened to Photobucket account, they stay for a while then........ :o .?
Ill have a look at it when I have more time.
It was a V good event I think..
Thanks to the unselfishness of those who came, all gave to the event as much as took from it.
Excellent commaraderi of reenactors to get to a realistic feel, hard when there is so few allied reenactors around but those who chose to go worked bloody hard keeping the Axis force occupied... .
Cheers Pete
rednas

Post by rednas »

Heraldmessenger wrote:Hi , No idea whats happened to Photobucket account, they stay for a while then........ :o .?
Its because you've moved the photos in a different map, so the URL's have changed.
Heraldmessenger

Post by Heraldmessenger »

Mate, I grew up in the 70s, I have no idea what your on about...LOL :D

I will have a look...
Any one have Spencer Reeves contact number by any chane as I need to retrieve some kit from him, off to Czech Republic for 12 days and am passing his area,tried PM ing but no luck...address or phone number would be good?..
Thanks
Pete
GAZNFJ3945

Post by GAZNFJ3945 »

Gents thanks for Weekend
all the best
Gaz
FJ -39-45
GAZNFJ3945

Post by GAZNFJ3945 »

GAZNFJ3945

Post by GAZNFJ3945 »

Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... il%202010/

There, That should be the pics I took of the event, sorry for the delay, just got back from Czech Republic 12 days of 4th Armored, X2 days in Pilsen then follwed the 4th ASrmored route to the Poldosko Bridge. German reenactors in Kubel/Schwimmer/MC Combos shadowed our route ambushing us along the way even taking an M8 driver one evening.

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... 20Armored/

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... 0Republic/

Also had a chat with French/Belgium and Dutch YANK reenactors and they seem very keen to do a Private event, so after last Pip Pk event where we had 20 Yank reenactors we could get up to 40/45, the Dutch have their own M1s, two M8 owners who arte near Sussex also mentioned that they would be interested in coming along.

So dates....anyone cant make dates in April?
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Had a great response to the Private tactical for next yr, Dutch and Belgium Yank reenactors are very inerested in attending, so Ill go ahead and book the 16th and 17th April 2011...

At the moment I am gathering info as to see if its workable to increase the land hired for the weekend and sourcing decent Allied groups.
Pete
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

:mrgreen: This year there was a sister of my girlfriend not that nice because she had to get married... so beem me up Scottie and take me quick to 2011!!!
Heared the story's from the rest of the lads and I'm realy eager right now to go.

Lots of luck with organizing!!
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
rednas

Post by rednas »

Pete Skillman wrote:Had a great response to the Private tactical for next yr, Dutch and Belgium Yank reenactors are very inerested in attending, so Ill go ahead and book the 16th and 17th April 2011...

At the moment I am gathering info as to see if its workable to increase the land hired for the weekend and sourcing decent Allied groups.
Pete
Scheize, forgot to answer your mail. Yes, yes, yes, would love to see it happen on the bigger terrain. :D Great that the American reenactors from the lowlands are also interested :)
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Sander....No probs mate...
I have booked the weekend of the 16th 17th April 2011... Only problem for some is that its Easter the following weekend...but I guess those who want to will and those who dont... :roll: wont ..
However the earlier weekends the European guys cant do so there it is...

Good response so far from the Dutch and Belgium reenactors, might actually get an armored Infantry unit in the field, two M8s ,Recon Jeep and Armored Infantry...not counting my chickens though... been in this game long enough to know better!..

Been thinking about trying to use mortars, anyone tried using them in a battle sense before?... I cant see any other way than both COs having grided maps and comms, recons to sight targets..etc..Sean, you up for that?..

Pete
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

TacAide wrote:Looks to have been a pretty good event and some great photos. But what happened to those posted by Heraldmessanger, or am I the only one who cannot view them? :?
FINALLY! got around to doing it.....Pete

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss18 ... il%202010/

Return to “UK reenactment and events”