Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
dagda

Re: Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

Post by dagda »

Superb event! Brilliant venue, great weather and an excellent scenario! Superb food and great groups both allied and axis!

Pete, Thank you so much.

Mein kameraden im FJR6, viele viele dank

Im fucked big time!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Fritz bayerlein

Post by Fritz bayerlein »

Great event, enjoyed it, best weather we've had. :)
[130] Panzer Lehr reg 902 Unit Leader
vobehacker

Post by vobehacker »

Excellent event ,good scenarios and thanks Matt and the other guys (didnt get your names )for the great food ,and thanks Pete for putting it together
9th SS Hohenstaufen
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

F*cking nackerd!
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

just a qquick post to mirror all the other comments really, had a great weekend doing something a bit different. It was quite impressive the way all the groups worked together to keep the scenario working even if some groups got no action for several hours everyone seemed to be happy enough in the end.

I hope you all enjoyed the 'authentic' german rations, this is something I'm hoping to build on this year and get a decent impression up together for a second line look. Any feed back good or bad would be appreciated as I would prefer to make the field kitchen work for us and provide you chaps in the field with what you want.

Big thanks to Pete S for pulling this all together, well worht hte effort even if it was F'in freezing at night

Matt
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
gasmask

Post by gasmask »

Matelot wrote:Thanks to all, who attended and put max effort into making this a fantastic event!!

Had a great time. The scenario worked well,as did each of the Axis groups working together!

Thanks to Matty,John,Michelle(? :oops: )and Sean for cooking and providing us with great food! :wink:

Would alo like to mention the dedication to the impression and scenario, shown by Earle. He portrayed a Partisan, and upon capture he really played the part!! Nice one Earle!! :wink:
Must admit, i was wondering where'd you got to.. :)

Cheers Pete for organising this!

Thank you for the comments Manny.

Having done German all this time, it was refreshing to do something a bit different and for me the first time ever to be on the Allies side at a private event.

It was good to see first hand the Allied units working really well together, the teamwork and organization was every bit as good as any of the German units who do have a bit of a reputation for getting their act together.

It was great to be back at Pip Park with Pete at the helm, also well done to Darren and Wayne for making sure everyone stayed close to the scenario.

As already been said, great weather, great units, great event.

Only disappointing bit for me, I could only do the Saturday.
Unteroffizier Erich Weisser

Das Heer

http://www.dasheer.org https://www.facebook.com/dasheer27
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

carentan wrote:Yes, there is a water point which I'll make any new comers aware of.
Eventually i got sick of walking down the road again and again, so i started tapping a Birch tree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RuLlECSPfM

The event was super, getting no sleep at all, sleeping without a tent under the stars with a plain wool blanked and freezin' to death is nice. But the second night i build a stove out of loose bricks and trackpads I found on the trails. I did not freeze but, had to stay awake to keep the fire going :P .

In total i've shot about 4 rolls of film, but its gonna take a while to get 'm back. Have had a wonderful weekend, but for now, I'm gonna sleep on the office.

Thanks to all the guys who've been riding around with messages/food and others. Especially much thanks to my good friends from FJR6 & the goulashkanone!

Haudoe

Erik
CDB taking it way too serious!
carentan

Post by carentan »

This event truly put Pip park back on the map, after the last few events there we all needed to get it right. We certainly achieved that and much more.

Well done to all who took part, put in maximum effort, kept in character and played the part. I hope we kept you Dutch boys well feed in the field.

Just a few photos from back around the CP around, where units were briefed, dispatch riders sent out with orders and units could be rested and feed.

Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
GR916/15/14

Post by GR916/15/14 »

Hello!

Thanks to Windhund for driving me to the event, still don't know some of your names and again, thanks to Erik for helping...translate the orders and chat! Also a big thanks to Wayne and Pete for helping me yesterday afternoon!
Was fun taking over the Yanks hill, we got em all!! Not a Brit in sight! Was great to have food down at the front line, so thanks to Fjr6 and the guys at the kitchen!

Thanks all for a great weekend!
Nathan
Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland
http://www.germansoldier.co.uk
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

I think I speak for all of the "Dutch boys" that this was one of our best events so far! It is really nice to see a really authentic setting where food is brought to the front lines, where those "Gamellen" are actually used, next time i would like to take pictures of the goulashkanone in work, and the process of getting the food to the troops!
CDB taking it way too serious!
Milische

Post by Milische »

I've done Pip park a few times now and for me this one was by far the best one of all , and its all down to the groups that made it work!
Well done to Darren and Wayne for keeping it altogether, thanks to Matt for the most tastefull food (a little salt in the potato's next time :D :lol: ) and Pete for sorting it out.
Great to see old friends and the Dutch boys are a credit to re enactment !

Fantastic , I'm still buzzing :lol:

Steve Fjr6
SoldaatPiet

Post by SoldaatPiet »

This was the best event i have ever been to. When is the next time? Next time we dutch boys will be there! :D

Cheers!
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

With my American Hat on.

Guys.

What can I say, we had limited numbers, against what seemed like endless German troops.
I for one enjoyed every moment of the weekend.
Thanks to all the FJR troops that died during the weekend, our ambush though unplanned was just the Dogs Bollocks.
I found that this event had a very good sense of fair play, no silly executions or BOB antics.

I hope we get to do this later war event again, I will be trying to get more Allied support to make your job even harded.

A special thanks to Darren for holding all the differant units of the axis together.

PS Pete Nice one
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Some photos of the "kitchen".
Attachments
resized_DSC04338.jpg
resized_DSC04338.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 4778 times
resized_DSC04333.jpg
resized_DSC04333.jpg (19.73 KiB) Viewed 4778 times
Kaben

Post by Kaben »

A fantastic event - my first ever private battle. Was very impressed at people taking bullets as teh shots rang out, made it seem so much more realistic.

I took pictures through the day, but have not had time to process any yet.
Here are a couple from the morning.

1:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”