WARS Das Reich Training Event Area 51

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
JDR

WARS Das Reich Training Event Area 51

Post by JDR »

Just got back from a WARS Das Reich training event at a new location in the north of England ( location of area 51 will be kept under wraps till a later date when Neil is happy to reveal its location etc).

Again Neil has pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this one the area is roughly 40 acres, buildings to die for yes some will need work on ( one has already being worked on as we speak by Neil as a HQ and sleeping quarters). The location would be ideal for Russian front Stalingrad scenarios or Western front scenarios both would work great. open fields, rubble, earthen banks and mounds and wooded copses basically eveything you need.

Vehicles including Tanks, halfracks, jeeps, bikes etc would be fine and able to use the location no problem without getting bogged down. Tons of hard standing car parking for cars.

Neil contacted the local police force to let them know what would be happening this weekend they were more than happy even came along to say hello!!!

More training weekends are planned over the year. Working weekends also planned and living history or battle reenactments ( what ever you want to call them both the same to me) will also be pencilled in at a later date.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Jaws

Re: WARS Das Reich Training Event Area 51

Post by Jaws »

I soooo wanted to get, my situation prevented me from attending.

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

John,Les and myself would like to thank Neil and the rest of the Das Riech lads for making us so welcome. We had a great time, learnt a lot and got some excersise in.
Great area with a lot of potential, keep up the good work Neil.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Phew!
What a busy training weekend. Rake of stuff to get through, but lots of it missed off the schedule.
One to be repeated I hope to enable us to close the loop.
Training events are a great opportunity for shaking off the winter rust and getting back on the clock ready for the show season, and an often overlooked part of the scene.

Many, many thanks to all who supported this event, especially my long suffering comrades in the group who, I'm sure, wonder what the hell I'm going to drag them into next.
Big up to the "Gebirgs" for thier support (I promise to get your bedroom decorated for next time) and work rate and to Anne, Frank and Nellie for kicking in. Was also nice to see a couple of Indians out there :wink:
The FRAU girls did us all proud with the grub and I cant thank them enough as usual.
A final big thank you to all Das Reich's NCO's and instructors who all did a bloody good job of making this weekend the success it was.

Area 51, once we complete all the neccessary work, will be a great asset to the re-enactment community as a whole, and I hope will be used for training and tacticals for years to come. Its mix of Urban, open and broken ground makes it ideal for any scenario.

Pictures will be posted up as and when I get them from the photographers who attended.

Once again, a big thank you to ALL who supported this event.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

Forget about the decorating, just a window and a door would be nice. You said it was -4 we think it was lower.
Glad you had a good time as well, look forward to the next weekend up there( can we have snow next time).
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Tactical being planned for November.
Please bring own door (but period mind!) :D

Seriously though, working weekends will I hope improve everyones lot and provide a safe environment in future. By November, the facility should be well established.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

well i got to say us three stooges
loved it

and the fib and outside training was well received

us old gits worked off some flab :wink:

will defo be there on the next one

and maybe able to mosy up for a work weekend or two

well done guys and gals
allways a real pleasure to be invited to your funtions
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Yet again Neil - well done - This is the place you spoke with me about at Stoneleigh. Excellent! Glad to see your "taster" weekend worked and despite the weather we both shared (brrrrrrrr!) people enjoyed it. Like you we had the hardy who did two nights and the majority did one. I don't think we had anyone come Saturday Morning and go Saturday afternoon so it was a two dayer for most.

As per the convo - looking forwards immensely to doing my bit if and when called upon. Working together achieves much more than arseing about and being precious over stuff. I'm sure you will, in your usual manner and with the support of your group, develop this into somehting the North can be proud of. Like I said mate - "Build it and they will come".
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Few pictures sent in by the lads

The event featured all the usual "German infantry 101" stuff straight out of the manual, plus a FIBUA training course by serving and Ex military personnel.
This is in preparation for other events at Area 51, Longmoor etc.

The event was attended by twenty two "Das Reich" members, FRAU and elements of FJR9, 85th Gebirgs and 4th Indians.

JDR

Post by JDR »

some good pics Neil.
The one i do like is the one of Yanis leaning against the VW.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Agree John. The lad just has that "look" dosent he?

Will post it up tonight in the photos section.
jonboy 85th

Post by jonboy 85th »

Thanks for the invite over the weekend Neil it was cccccooooooooolllllllllll well -4 :lol:
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

More pics.. more pics!!
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

The one i do like is the one of Yanis leaning against the VW.
As Requested.

We are still waiting on a CD of images from the attending photographers.
I will put further images in the correct section
sparky

Post by sparky »

Thats a great photo of rolf!
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!

Return to “UK reenactment and events”