Luftwaffe Dog Tags

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

mauser98

Luftwaffe Dog Tags

Post by mauser98 »

Our group sometimes portrays Luftwaffe Field Division (Unit designation varies depending on the event). We'd like to have proper dog tags made up and are unsure what would be correct. Since many Luft troops were transfered from many branches within the Luftwaffe, would their ID discs be changed to reflect their current assignment to a Field division or remain the same as their parent unit? Is there a source/reference for proper markings or a good vendor who will mark them correctly?
Thanks for the help,
Mauser98
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Re: Luftwaffe Dog Tags

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

If I remember correctly (I'm no expert on this stuff) your dogtags would have your training unit on it, and the numbers and paperwork would be transferred to your next unit without changing the dogtags. Find out what the training unit for your unit was and where it was from and you should be fine..?

again, no expert on this stuff..
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Well, that's a start!
Thanks Shiek
kiler

Post by kiler »

I think it is basically the same as in Heer so either replacement/training unit tag or combat unit tag if original tag was lost in action. No tag changes when transfered as far as I know. Lots of interesting info here:

http://www.dererstezug.com/Erkennungsmarke.htm
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Thanks Kiler, Good lead. I know the guys in the Erste Zug.

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”