Duncannon Fort 2009 Show in Ireland May 29th to June 1st

European discussion. Post events here too.
TacAide

Re: Duncannon Fort 2009 Show in Ireland May 29th to June 1st

Post by TacAide »

Rommel, Just saw the list of the activities planned by BGS for 2009 here

Really 8)
rommel

Post by rommel »

Tac aide
yes we are up and moving already , lots to do and alot of prep work starting on the vehicles now , we will have most of the group vehicles at teh show this year and we hope to mount the flak in the back of the Blitz and as usual have it firing away , the Mercedes will pull the PAK and the rest of the lighter vehicles will be in an active roll in the battle , we now have a VW command car , proper one , and combined with the 222 and bikes it will look spectacular .

Im not sure what other vehicles will be still here fter the filming , as we are bringing some really rare one from a friend of ours in Germany over , he is inot softskinned so if all comes to all we may still have a few of his here ready for shipping anmd we may be able to display them . HAve to wait and see . It promising to be a big show again and its good to ee such a strong interest from our friend in UK comming over .
As information becomes available i will update here from time to time .

As you see by our own calendar of events outside of Duncannon alone we have a hell of alot on all over the place , not just at home and for a big group like this its alot of hard work getting it all around . Happy days when we just had 4 or 5 men and a few zeltbahns to throw into the car and go to an event ... long gone now i think .
I still have one or two events to finalise here at home in Ireland , there is a Saving Private Ryan commemoration anniversary gig being organised and we have been asked , with Wargroup to run it and organise it in July near where the film was made with a view to it being an annual event , i should know for sure how and what we can commit to by late next month , that should be good ..

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

"Saving Private Ryan" , here we go again .What a time we had back in 1997 doing this film , I never had such fun in all my life . I still have my Heer and SS tunics from this film , must post up some photos that I took back there then .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

SPeaking Of Saving Private Ryan .. and Duncannon
, we will be having the big Bar BQ on Saturday night but on Sunday night we have now organised a convoy of all vehicles attending to take all participants over to Wexfors to the site of where saving Private Ryan was filmed and there will refreshments and food organised at a local pub there for all ,we did something like this in years past local areas , Germans , Vikings , Roamns , British , Medieval etc etc all poured out of triucks , Tanks , Armoured cars etc and converged on a local village for a small tour and it was just fantastic , so this year we have organised a little bit better and should be a great evening out for all

Rommel
ROMMEL

rommel

Post by rommel »

TRADERS AND STALL HOLDERS

There has been a large ammount of interest in stall space ans enquiries for Duncannon this year , Traders and stall holders are FREE , We have ample room indoors to set them up , please make sure you book in advance prior to May , and it will be first come come first served in regards to tables and accomodation . So far so good but please try book early .

Rommel
ROMMEL

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Great to see the super responce so far to this show . Many thanks to the clubs and reenactors who have sent me PM's through this forum .This promises to be the best show so far , roll on Duncannon '09 .

re-enactment group
stalhelm

Post by stalhelm »

yes indeed,cant wait for duncannon again this year what a super show and such a quality event,you can almost hear the rattling of bottles in their crates and the sound of jackboots marching down to the strand bar.
The-Hammer

Post by The-Hammer »

Hi All
Anyone from the UK wishing to travel to Duncannon 09 and avail of the discounted rates please use the following !
Log on to http://www.stenaline.ie/event
Enter first name Duncannon ,surname 2009,event number SP128
A 15€ service fee will apply to all bookings made by telephone
I wish everyone travelling to Duncannon 09 a safe journey and pleasant and enjoyable event

Regard's
The Hammer
Last edited by The-Hammer on Wed May 06, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never Fear The Hammer Is Here
The-Hammer

Post by The-Hammer »

Duncannon 2009 will be held on the June Bank holiday Weekend Sat 30th and Sunday 31st of May .This Event is run by the Munster Military Vehicle and Re-enactment Group , and is a multi period event and is not run or controlled by anyone else.
The Fort will be open to receive re-enactors and vehicles both before and after these dates. There will be Food available at reasonable rates throughout the weekend and also at the Strand Tavern.
The show will open to the Public from 11AM TO 5PM ON Saturday and Sunday There will be a Re-enactment in the fort on the Hour throughout the day Roman’s Ireland will be at the Show with their guests from the UK and home The WW2 Battle will take place at 6pm on Saturday Behind the Sand Dunes. There will be a WW1 and 1798 re-enactment also. A number of the earlier period groups will also display and re-enact for the public. There will be a free Barbeque on Saturday Night on Sunday after the Show there will be a road run. As always there is great interest in the Show
I will post up details of our discounted rates with Stena Line from the UK next week. To register for entry please contact Joe jjotoole@eircom.net ,If anyone would like any other information relating to the show, contact either Joe at his email or myself Emmet emmetskennedy@gmail.com
I look forward to meeting up with everyone again this year and hope for good weather so we can have another great weekend with lots of fun

Regards

The-Hammer
Admin Edit I have removed part of this post Franz
Never Fear The Hammer Is Here
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Whilst I have not actively posted on "Pst!" on for some time in part I do so because I have no wish to be drawn into these intergroups games of silly buggers , Duncannon is too far away for me pure and simple.

If I may speak on behalf of KGK membership who may be going to Slane - going there has absolutely nothing to do with Duncannon , we have not been invited to Duncannon and so will not be attending , no ill will or slight is intended to BGS or the Duncannon show.

We have our own things to do (most of which are simple in house projects) none of which involve promoting or being part of any undeclared hostility with anyone.
Life is too short and brittle to become involved in the preceptions concluded by "The Hammer" speaking for myself - there are things which are more pressing and uppermost in my mind other than silly one up manship which is absolutely no consequence and of no interest.
When these evsnts / dates come and go ask yourself who will really care and what impact they really will have made on your life - absolutely none is the answer I come up with.

This is a hobby , period - nothing more nothing less - its "R&R" - it is not of paramount importance in my life I have much more to worry about and that is that.

To anyone attending or taking part in Duncannon go and have a good day , no umbridge or jealousy is being directed towards you , if this Island is not big enough for us all it is a poor reflection on all of us.
rommel

Post by rommel »

This thread is about Duncannon , can we stick to it and not allow it hijacked , Duncannon not Slane is the issue . We already had enough Duncannon bashing form your good friend and KGK leader Shergar on the living history site , we are tired of the same old drivel , no reflection on Tyschen even though you are a member of KGK i have to add , but when your group leader speaks we can only assume he speaks on behalf of the group .

Both the members of Panzer grenadier site and Irish Axis forum are really sick and tired of all this bashing and double edged comments ,

Duncannon and Slane have no bearing on each , i say this agian for the 1000th time , one is a public show , the other a private show / craft show . One wont effect the other in any way . Thats the kernel of the whole thing .
I would Franz to moderate this thread vigerously and keep it on Duncannon as much as the thread on Slane was moderated and all will be fine .
Tyschen was right , life is too short for the shite that has been going on over the last few years .

Rommel
ROMMEL

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Tychsen , if you do not want to get "into these intergroups games of silly buggers" why did you even post on this topic ??? This topic is about Duncannon NOT Slane ,if you want to post something on Slane then please do so under the topic " Livinghistory Craft Weekend 30 May , June 1" which was put up by your Clubs leader .
I do find it amazing that you claim that Slane "Has absolutely nothing to do with Duncannon " yet the Slane show has been fixed on the same weekend as Duncannon and everybody knows that Duncannon has been on this weekend for many years now .
If you find the trip down to Duncannon too far away then so be it but the other Reenactment groups coming down from N.Ireland dont .
As for been invited to Duncannon , there is no such thing as been invited , if you want to attend as a Club or a single Reenactor then you must contact the organisers and give them your details , your request to attend will be processed by them .
James , i fully agree with you , that life is too short .I just wish others looked on life the same as you .
I wish you well for the season ahead and do hope that the same problems that reared their heads do not happen again this year .

re-enactment group
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Justin , simply because I felt some reply to the Hammer was required given his tone of address and his mention of Slane, which Franz has very correctly deleted.
Its a day out for me , no big deal and no thumb in the eye for anyone its as simple as that.
As you rightly say this thread is about Duncannon an event which will run perfectly well without anyone who may be elsewhere.
I hope Duncannon works out well for all attending and that for once in this blessed country that it decides not to rain......three dry days in a row up here....it could be the summer.
Now without any ill will , best of luck hope it runs well on the day.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

OK Gents Lets Keep this on topic and this Topic is DUNCANNON any non duncannon talk will be removed from this point on
ImageImageImageImageImage
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

The-Hammer wrote:Hi All
Anyone from the UK wishing to travel to Duncannon 09 and avail of the discounted rates please use the following !
Log on to http://www.stenaline.ie/events
Enter first name Duncannon ,surname 2009,event number SP128
A 15€ service fee will apply to all bookings made by telephone
I wish everyone travelling to Duncannon 09 a safe journey and pleasant and enjoyable event

Regard's
The Hammer
Ggrrrr... A Broken link.... any ideas ?
Can`t wait to go again !!!
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt

Return to “European reenactment and events”