208.Infanterie-Division 'Fall Weiss' photoshoot

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Walther

Re: 208.Infanterie-Division 'Fall Weiss' photoshoot

Post by Walther »

Mark - the devil is in the detail, have to admit that never even crossed my mind.

Neil.
Last edited by Walther on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

Cookie wrote:Guys,

Excellent as always, just one thing though (I'm sorry...). Some of your K98's are of the mid-to-late war type, with cupped stocks and hooded foresights. Otherwise, really impressive!
Constructive criticism is a great thing to help better an impression. But sometimes I wonder if people on this board just inspect pictures to find something wrong, so they can criticize. This a great early war impression. I didn't notice the barrel bands or the hoodsights. And I'm sure 95 of 100 German reenactors or veterans for that matter wouldn't have noticed either.

Do you really expect guys to purchase new rifles for one impression that is secondary to their primary one? This is a hobby.
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Well as they are staged photos posted on the web for the world to see, perhaps next time the photographer could do a quick check to ensure incorrect buttplate rifles are hidden behind something, or done appear in a closeup shot. That way you dont need to buy new rifles. Some people are experts on uniform, some on kit and some on weapons, so errors like this are always spotted, Other than that, brilliant piccys guys
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Zoepf,

You would be entirely wrong in your assumption that I and others on this forum are simply waiting to jump in and criticise. I know some of the guys who participated in this photoshoot and have the utmost respect for them and their excellent potrayal, as they well know. I merely pointed out an inaccuracy that I noticed. If 95% of other people didn't notice or didn't care - so be it.

It was a comment made with the best of intentions.

Speaking personally I WOULD purchase the extra gear for the secondary impression. But that is just me.

Guys it still doesn't detract from the ground breaking effort. Hats off to you.
Mark A - AFRA

Return to “Photos”