Collection of relics recovered from Monte Cassino

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

ORESTE7

Collection of relics recovered from Monte Cassino

Post by ORESTE7 »

Hi to all, as my friends will know i have relocated to Italy full time and wanted to share with you some of the relics i am recovering here in Cassino, most of the items were donated/swapped {for cigeretts in some cases} by elderly locals who would have traveled the hills around Cassino as young men and now see no point in hording there finds and are glad that a passonate collector like me can make use of them
First piece i wish to post is of a M35 recovered from the town when it was being rebuilt back in the 50's the air vents are blocked could have been done at the time or after to mark a grave ,i cant say, and it is hand painted black with the name of 5 soldiers it is as was found amoung a pile of rocks and rubble so it is now impossible to say weather it marked a grave of 5 dead Germans or was thrown there from earlier construction, the old man said that he never cleaned it but tried to repair the rust holes on the crown with some solder but stopped when he saw it was harmful to the helmet and left it alone Image
ORESTE7

Re: Collection of relics recovered from Monte Cassino

Post by ORESTE7 »

Here is a mule saddle i aquired from a local in Sora and i have added a picture{courtesy of EBAY} the saddle being used by the mountain troops in Cassino sorry i cant identify the location of the pic
Heeresbergführer

Re: Collection of relics recovered from Monte Cassino

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Grüß Di' ORESTE7,

Great finds! I really like the Tragsattel 23 with the Geb.G.36 ammo boxes.

Here's a complete Tragsattel in my collection:

and an ammo box:

Muli vor!
Patrick
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

Return to “Photos”