Moderator: Richk98

Bill Medland

Re: Public Railway Event in Germany

Post by Bill Medland »

les hearn wrote: hey tell em to seek me out

and good news to see the moving on of the events in germany
only thing is bill ...you look like farmer giles

oi ger orf my train ...pmsl
I wont be at RGM Les, but my son will and you know him.
They should arrive on Friday early evening.

As for "The Farmer Giles Look" I will be attending
Waterloo in June as 32nd Regiment of Foot.

Cheers, Bill.
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

The best repro is an original...
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Thanks Marco, one of my favorite songs :D

Cheers, Bill.
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Excellent News - Wonderful pictures and exciting developments. Wonderful especially to see a Living History event taking place in context and being so well received. Sort of makes all those "arguments" about what can and can't be done moot - doesn't it?
Now that I have had time to clean my equipment, relax and reflect on this thread, I would like to comment on The Grinks post.

Yes, the so-called German scene posted many threads stating what could or could not be done in Germany, some of them on this
very site, some going into 15 pages or more! There is no arguement anymore. It has been done and it will happen again soon.

The "Museumsprojekt Heimat" are active, we are involved with museums, we are doing public events and 70% of our membership are
Waffen-SS reenactors, who are not afraid to be seen or photographed by the German public. I said all along that if done properly and
in an historical context in connection with museums, it could work in Germany..... it has proved to be so.

So, W-SS reenactment in Germany, in front of the public has happened. There has been no damage to the "German Scene", the roof
has not come crashing down amongst our ears. The response from the public was positive. Even German reenactors who were against
us have remained quiet on the internet and forums. More events are planned and more photos will continue to be posted.

Cheers, Bill.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

ANYONE - and I mean anyone who now attempts to spoil it - "inform the authorities" or employs dirty tricks out of what has now been proven to be spite and jealousy will be exposed as simply criminal.

What SHOULD happen now is that people ask for help and guidance from those who have successfully forged a way ahead and they should get involved and support those people. WORKING TOGETHER.

But don't worry - it won't happen - Because in 30 years it hasn't fully happened here.... So be assured.

All I will say is that a tiny, tiny number of Germans have worked tirelessly, sometimes at the point of breaking, to further a worthwhile pastime and to bring it to a wider and interested audience.

There really is no argument anymore. No one has been arrested, no one has lost their job, been splattered on newspapers or tv. No legitimate complaints were received at the event of immediately after it. Any that may emerge now must be viewed as extremely suspect.

A job well done - Bravo.
Gilhusen

Post by Gilhusen »

Some real nice photos there Bill.

Great to see W-SS reenactors in Germany :D
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Gilhusen wrote:Some real nice photos there Bill.

Thanks, but it should also be noted that our doors are open to Wehrmacht and Allied reenactors as well.
As we get involved with more museum projects and private events then they may get involved too.

It is really their choice, they can continue to go exclusively to foreign countries, Holland etc, or they can
acknowledge W-SS reenactors as FACT and attend public and private events in their own country TOGETHER.
Simple really, they have a personal choice and we are begging no one to join us.

Cheers, Bill.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Willi Klapptisch wrote:

Thanks, but it should also be noted that our doors are open to Wehrmacht and Allied reenactors as well.
As we get involved with more museum projects and private events then they may get involved too.

It is really their choice, they can continue to go exclusively to foreign countries, Holland etc, or they can
acknowledge W-SS reenactors as FACT and attend public and private events in their own country TOGETHER.
Simple really, they have a personal choice and we are begging no one to join us.

Cheers, Bill.
GOOD POST! I note there are LOTS of guests visiting this thread at this time.......... :roll:
Gilhusen

Post by Gilhusen »

Willi Klapptisch wrote:

Cheers, Bill.
I never will understand why there has been so much arguing and hate for the Waffen-SS, maybe it is because people generalise the SS to much or it’s just my young age for not understanding.
At the end of the day, the Waffen-SS, Wehrmacht and the luftwaffe all fought under the same flag and reasons.

Thanks, Gillhusen
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Hi Gillhusen, THAT debate has been raised a thousand times here already, just search "Waffen-SS" and you can read pages of it.

The point of THIS thread has been to illustrate that in Germany Waffen-SS reenactors have a right to exist and display
in their home country, at both private and public events, so really the Waffen-SS reenactor question has been answered.

Cheers, Bill.
Gilhusen

Post by Gilhusen »

Willi Klapptisch wrote:Hi Gillhusen, THAT debate has been raised a thousand times here already, just search "Waffen-SS" and you can read pages of it.

The point of THIS thread has been to illustrate that in Germany Waffen-SS reenactors have a right to exist and display
in their home country, at both private and public events, so really the Waffen-SS reenactor question has been answered.

Cheers, Bill.
my bad :(
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

excellent photos
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

is nice to see R. W-SS in Germany, 8) congratulations!

A.Weiß
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

I guess some of you miss the point:

Public event in Germany with German WW2 uniforms...

It doesn't mather wich insignia they are wearing... they are meaning all the same according to the German law. Also enough text written about that topic, read the old treads on the forum...

Gefeliciteerd Bill, mooi iniatief!
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Gefeliciteerd Bill, mooi iniatief!
Dank je well Olivier :D

Return to “Photos”