Other outfits-impressions??

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Salacious Crumb

Re: Other outfits-impressions??

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Peiper wrote:Howdy! :D
A couple of Fallschirm pics (lol)
Piper, remove the collartabs on this tunic. The luftwaffe didn't wear them on the DAK uniform.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Salacious Crumb wrote:
Piper, remove the collartabs on this tunic. The luftwaffe didn't wear them on the DAK uniform.
Thanks for the heads up on that kamerad, although i could be wrong but i think Fallshy Officers wore
fancy insignia especially in Greece 41 and Italy 44, i think i remember seeing a pic of some being worn in
Crete, i will try and dig out the pic, but i believe you are correct on the Africa campaign LW-DAK uniform.

Cheers Pipes :D
max1337

Post by max1337 »

I thought I might share some of my recent impressions.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

its abit much to order a big mac aint it :)
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

Love the Marines MARPAT stuff - well done. (A little hint on the wwii US paratrooper look - needs more dirt! :) heh heh)

Welcome aboard!

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

max1337 wrote:I thought I might share some of my recent impressions.

I would loose the VT baseball cap.....perhaps replace it with a MK6? Or if you want to be walt-aly I guess you could get one of those baseball caps with the velcro tab at the front for a velcro Union-Jack....
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

@max1337
Quite good, man! :)

Is your second pic a ww2 chinese impression? Your collartabs looks japanese, but I have to say, that my knowledge about the chinese army is very in need of improvement... :oops:

Best regards from Germany,
Steffen

max1337

Post by max1337 »

hey guys thanks for the feedback!

I haven't taken my Paratrooper kit out yet because I am in the middle of joining CMP, so I can get a gun, at the moment I don't have USGI weapon :P

I would definitely drop the hat for the UKSF stuff, I couldn't find my union jack hat or dpm boonie when I took the picture so I kinda just grabbed whatever was lying around. but I though it might demonstrate the high speed-ness of elements of UKSF.

Yep, it is WWII Chinese impression, it is portraying 87D, a German trained division. Collar tab is Pvt 2nd Class or Recruit Pvt.

I am in the middle of my Japanese stuff and it can not be shown to anyone now, it is still too embarrassing. :P
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Nice to see some different and later immpressions on here, well done.

Also nice to see someone who can ask for and accept constructive critisism. Once again well done.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Another tip which might get you a little bit ahead of the game for the UKSF impression - put yourself together a HK417 - they are definitely the "in gun" with them at this time..... you will be seeing pictures of them more and more. (and as far as I know there is no 417 being done in airsoft so a custom 417 would be very cool)
max1337

Post by max1337 »

I was sort of getting at a 416/417 the only problem is I am not sure which length is legit, and I was sort of going for a 2004 impression, so I went with the L119A1 instead :P
Here's my 416 with a 417 stock.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote:
Salacious Crumb wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on that kamerad, although i could be wrong but i think Fallshy Officers wore
fancy insignia especially in Greece 41 and Italy 44, i think i remember seeing a pic of some being worn in
Crete, i will try and dig out the pic, but i believe you are correct on the Africa campaign LW-DAK uniform.

Cheers Pipes :D
Did they not use wools in crete ? I dont know FJ stuff but the book I have has them in wool
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi guys :D
Have a look at page 60 in the James Lucas Storming Eagles book there is a Fallshy Officer
wearing Tropical jacket with collar insignia you can just about see the edge of the collar tab
of the guy on the left with Knights Cross, but the pic has sunlight patches. This pic was of
the LW Fallschirm taking the surrender of Heraklion in Crete 41.

Cheers Pipes :wink:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Did they not use wools in crete ? I dont know FJ stuff but the book I have has them in wool[/quote]

I think at the start of the campaign they did only have standard wool items of uniform, i think they also got captured stocks of british tropical stuff although i could be wrong.
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Another tip which might get you a little bit ahead of the game for the UKSF impression - put yourself together a HK417 - they are definitely the "in gun" with them at this time..... you will be seeing pictures of them more and more. (and as far as I know there is no 417 being done in airsoft so a custom 417 would be very cool)
I know the Sig 551 and the standard Ak are being used as deniable weapons currently in country by uksf.

Return to “Photos”