donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 pm 

?????????????

does anyone have an AtF web ystrap they can review and even show, close up?
ANYONE???????
Colour seems modelled on a chocolate shade, and the back strap has a strange hole configuration.

1944 militaria web ys, are simpler, straightforward non eccentric tan colour throughout. And stitching is a decent olive shade...

AtF have restocked their web ys....but i havent seen a single owner review of them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 pm 

no answers here seem to confirm my thoughts that these atf web ystraps are not really being used much at all...certainly not seen any!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:55 pm 

I have them and they are excellent. Havent seen SMW or any of the other gucci ones however.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 pm 

GraemeMac wrote:
I have them and they are excellent. Havent seen SMW or any of the other gucci ones however.

wow thats interesting...thanks for your answer.
please can you show us some of your pics of them if you get a chance.
thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:39 pm 

I have some ATF ones as well. I think they are way better than 1944's. ATF made the web fabric in various shades too. I don't see anything wrong with the color, stitching or back strap.

ATF has plenty of detailed photos on the website, mine aren't going to be any different.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:48 am 

dixiedrummer wrote:
I have some ATF ones as well. I think they are way better than 1944's. ATF made the web fabric in various shades too. I don't see anything wrong with the color, stitching or back strap.

ATF has plenty of detailed photos on the website, mine aren't going to be any different.

i reckon itd still be good to see these on the forum in new pics from owners...id be happy to show pics of my 1944 web ystraps to compare directly with your own pics of yours...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:16 pm 

These were all I got off before the camera died. I've had them for coming up on 2 years I think. Used hard, other than paint wear, and some muck and grime and some fading(as the real thing would), solid as a rock.

The green/feldgrau 'button' on the back strap isn't original to the set I don't think, if my memory serves me I pinched the one from these for an MP40 sling.....or something. The original is a mild steel button in grey which matches the metalwork on the front straps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:13 am 

fieldgrey wrote:
id be happy to show pics of my 1944 web ystraps to compare directly with your own pics of yours...

Lets see them then....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:14 pm 

GraemeMac wrote:
These were all I got off before the camera died. I've had them for coming up on 2 years I think. Used hard, other than paint wear, and some muck and grime and some fading(as the real thing would), solid as a rock.

The green/feldgrau 'button' on the back strap isn't original to the set I don't think, if my memory serves me I pinched the one from these for an MP40 sling.....or something. The original is a mild steel button in grey which matches the metalwork on the front straps.

Mmmm....these look NOTHING like the AtF ones on their site....but i LIKE these! Can we see more ?!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 pm 

These are the $125(if I remember rightly...), 'texled' model. Ill try get more pictures at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:43 pm 

GraemeMac wrote:
These are the $125(if I remember rightly...), 'texled' model. Ill try get more pictures at some point.

Thanks very much for your efforts. When i can i will show some 1944 militaria ones...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 am 

What happens when you want to shorten the backstrap? Can you show this? The odd spacing in the backstrap holes means youll have loads to fold over just to reach the second hole. Ive NEVER seen an original like this. :^(

*webmaster temp testing**