Who would use the StG-44?

Moderator: berlin1945

berlin1945

Re: Who would use the StG-44?

Post by berlin1945 »

gentlemen , this post should be primarily about the use of the stg44 , it appears to have in my opinion been badly worded in that it alludes to the holocaust and ss units there are other forums that welcome this debate and do so on these , we all are aware of the demerits of war and its consequences as well, however to be quite frank about this re enactors in the uk do their impressions with dignity and honour and I have never come across any that would condone what had happened to innocents and neither would the general re enacting world permit this if it were to raise its head, the british public are in the main most tolerant and understanding and interested in the two word wars and accept that both sides need to be displayed to give a complete historical presentation of the time place and people. I am very surprised that on an initial post that this would be referred to and I feel it is insensitive, you have the right to re enact who you prefer to, I respect this. however please do so in a manner that does not create a flame war with others. all german groups in the uk from my experience work hard to present themselves and the period well and in a manner that is inoffensive to others..

now I would ask that this post be the last made on this thread as I feel it has run its course you have gotten your answer to the stg44 question
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
johankreig

Re: Who would use the StG-44?

Post by johankreig »

as my good freind said, please stay on topic, if your wanting to use the STG then you need to consider the theater/period you want to do, obviously it needs to be around 1944, I have seen images of all facets of the german military machine uese these weapons, and while yes the SS did get alot of them, they were not in any ways unique to them. Alot were issued during the Failed Ardennes offensive, and they were used on the eastern front in russia and were soeffective Mikhail Kalashinokov invented the AK47 to compete and give the russians a chance against it (tho he claims he never ever ever saw an STG44, the similarities between the AK47 and STG44 are pure coincidence, Bull)
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”