mutabornomine

Plane Tree Zeltbahn

Post by mutabornomine »

I am looking for a plane tree zeltbahn and I have found several ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-Plan ... 5d34e38fe9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-of-WW2- ... 2a1f605d79

http://hikishop.com/wwii-german-plane-t ... p-293.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-PLANE-TR ... 9#shpCntId

Thats all I have found, there seems to be no high quality repro in the market (SMW and Pantherstore dont do plane tree), so I have to settle for the second best and the questions is which one to go for. Does anybody have an opinion about the ones I have found? Quality of material, grommets and buttons, quality of craftsmansship, quality of colours and print (apart from the fact that plane tree was hand printed and has no repeat - probably the reason why nobody wants to do a high quality repro - too much work)

Has SMW or Pantherstore produced a plane tree zeltbahn in the past? Does anybody sell one (or more)? I am also looking for italian camouflage zeltbahn!

Felix the Kraut
mutabornomine

Re: Plane Tree Zeltbahn

Post by mutabornomine »

Had a closer look and it seems that the zeltbahn in the second and fourth link have the same print. The area around the "3" is the same in both cases. So there are just 3 plane tree Zeltbahns left. Are there any other suppliers? And comments please about your experience with the Zeltbahns I have found!
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

SMW have certainly made Planetree zelts in the past, in most of the variations too.
I'm also sure Panther had one version for a while.
The Chinese versions you link to are all much the same, the Spearhead version being a rather nasty looking print to my eyes.
Plane tree does have a repeat though.
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

SplinterA
good to know that! I have heard something like Pantherstore once had an oakleaf with planetree overprint, which is perfectly fine for me as well. But I did not know that SMW did planetree and even in several variations. Then it is probably the best option to wait until they bring back the planetree.
Any other information or opinions please?

Dankesehr!
Felix the Kraut
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Here is a link to a thread on SMW planetree, on this very forum.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17658
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

SplinterA
you will tempt me into buying one of these extremely nice plane tree camo smocks next ; - )
But at the moment I am looking for plane tree Zeltbahns, my idea is to have a tent (8 Zeltbahns) with all the different camo types (oakleaf, splinter, plain fieldgrey, blurred edge, several types of plane tree) so you can see them close together and compare them. Of cause no palm tree and no peadot Zeltbahns, that did not exist (as far as I know)
If no good print exists, I could get a plane tree Zeltbahn from china, and replace it with a good print as soon as one is available. But first I will try to find a good plane tree Zeltbahn.
Felix the Kraut
dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer »

I've got three SM plane tree zelts. A VT 3/4, an overprint 1/2 and a overprint 5/6-1/2 mix.
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

Dixiedrummer
thats good news! So the plane tree Zeltbahns from SMW do exist : - )
When about did SMW do these Zeltbahns? Can you post a picture of the print? You are not selling one by any chance?
Best regards
Felix the Kraut
dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer »

It's been at 7+ years since SM made any plane tree zelts. I'll try and post some pics when I get some free time.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”