Trinkwasser - Restoration Questions (Colour & Stencils)

Moderator: berlin1945

Stefan1944

Trinkwasser - Restoration Questions (Colour & Stencils)

Post by Stefan1944 »

Dear Kamerads

I'm restoring two recently purchased Wehrmacht 5 litre Trinkwassers and would appreciate advice on correct colour please.

I will be using for WSS / DAK / Heer early, mid and late war re-enactment scenarios.

I presume DAK colour would be RAL8000 and maybe RAL6006, RAL7021 and DunkelGelb for Heer and WSS. There also appears to be other more brown colours used on originals.

I've also sourced stencils from 1944militaria: http://www.1944militaria.com/SearchResu ... rinkwasser

All advice on correct colour, stencils and suppliers would be much appreciated please.... :?:
Pug42

Re: Trinkwasser - Restoration Questions (Colour & Stencils)

Post by Pug42 »

RAL 7008 is a colour found on the majority of the originals I have seen. Never seen an original in 6006 or 7021. The use of 7028 Dunkelgelb is probable. Some originals appear also in quite "gaudy" anodized finishes, like a light metallic green and sickly pale yellow. The green is similar to the anodized finish on the buffer housing on lafettes.

I had one with no paint and did it initially in 6006 Feldgrau but last year stripped it off and redid it in 7008 Khakibraun with stencils from my own artwork just lightly misted with an off-white and it looks miles better!

Good luck with it Steve!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Stefan1944

Re: Trinkwasser - Restoration Questions (Colour & Stencils)

Post by Stefan1944 »

Thanks Dave, I was hoping you would see the post and reply...

RAL 7008 it is then....I'll get some this weekend.... :D

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”