Repro SS Tournister packs?

Moderator: berlin1945

RZM

Re: Repro SS Tournister packs?

Post by RZM »

Thank you,i appreciate it..and for the record,im still amazed by your thread on personal and kit items..when i get to that point i hope i can have such attention to detail and authenticity...
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

Cheers mate :)
As i say if you know what to look for in regards to personal kit you can pick stuff up
anywhere, ebay is a good place even for "period" looking items, not everything was issued
so Soldiers usually supplied their own personal comforts either from civilian shops or from
home, especially in regards to cigarette cases, lighters, wallets etc.

Just think in your minds eye what sort of person you are portraying such as whether he
was an Officer/NCO/Private, his back ground, whether he had money or just a humble
footslogger lol :wink:

Regards Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

I checked out Hessens site,was surprised that they repro these,$139.99/approx£90.As said in europe and Uk originals are common,it would be no good for us in the UK,by the time you paid postage/import duties you could of bought two originals :lol:
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
RZM

Post by RZM »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:I checked out Hessens site,was surprised that they repro these,$139.99/approx£90.As said in europe and Uk originals are common,it would be no good for us in the UK,by the time you paid postage/import duties you could of bought two originals :lol:
Ive done some purchaces with Hessen,and i noticed they began posting repros not one week after i posted this thread lol...but im glad the way things worked out Luetnant Ulrich found me a great Swiss model that looks better than what Hessen is selling. I cant see much diffrence in the Swiss one versus the ones in old photos from the Reich. (the Swiss produced alot of tournisters for the Germans so im fine with this) a couple of Early Bevo RZM tags and it'll be fine lol.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
RZM

Post by RZM »

Just won $200 on a scratch ticket :) That is going directly twards the field equipment fund lol.... :wink:
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”