Repro SS Tournister packs?

Moderator: berlin1945

RZM

Repro SS Tournister packs?

Post by RZM »

Does anyone know if anyone producereproduction tournisters? Zibs has some original heer packs but seems a shame to use an original if repros are made..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Brigardefuhrer

Re: Repro SS Tournister packs?

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The fur back packs are common and so there is no need to repro them,they do repro mountain troop type ruck sacks.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

You say SS Tornister.....

While Some are definitely marked with SS/RZM markings(My friend has an SS marked one in his collection), they are otherwise identical to 'heer' ones.

It's just a furry backpack that you can almost fit next to f*ck all in ;)

What John said is correct, they are so plentiful there is little need to reproduce them. Some may require minor repairs, etc.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

You can get them here in switzerland in all shapes and sizes, some in excellent condition (and spacious ;) )for 20.- to 60.- pending on what you want.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
RZM

Post by RZM »

Awesome,thank you guys..i wasnt aware so many originals exsist..so much more original stuff is on your side of the pond versus the U.S.
Ive been looking for eine schwere affe for some time..id like to have the full kit for an SS EM. (including spare everything that would be in the tournister)
Theres a great article on Der erst zug on packing a tournister properly..(and all its contents)
P.s. i appoligise for spelling and format in my posts,bloody smart phone keyboards are terrible. Usually end up editing 3 or 4 times a post.lol.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Let me know if you want one from here, I'm going to Canada in 2 weeks so I can mail it from there.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
RZM

Post by RZM »

What would you need in usd?
"Was ist das?"
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Why would you need a reproduction? The reason there are so many originals is because they weren't used in combat. Left on troop trains, supply wagons, whatever. So, no need to worr about messing em up as you will just be marching TO the battle with them. ;)
Kampfgruppe Steiner
RZM

Post by RZM »

True. They went in light with the sturmgepak..you just dont see the affe in the U.S. the vast majority of original stuff isnt here. Things that are plentiful in Eroupe are scarce here..like original gasmasks for instance. You dont see many in the u.s. just the canisters. I thought it would be cool to have a torrnister with everything an EM would have been issued. Especially for rainy,snow or cold events. At least id have a change of cloths ect..
(my car trunk will serve as the supply wagon lol...)
"Was ist das?"
Halle

Post by Halle »

Tornisters can be picked up for between £40 - 80 , depending on condition . You're right , it's nice to have one to pack your shirts etc. in , and they look good on a display . There's a lot of space if you pack it correctly .
If you're new to the hobby though , concentrate on your basic impression - the Tornisters will still be there when you want to buy extras .

Having said all that , like every piece of original kit , the day will come when there AREN'T so many around .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
RZM

Post by RZM »

I ve been getting things kind of hodge podge..mostly if i come across somthing,ill pick it up. I just got a 1st pattern blurred edge smock..again because the opertunity presented itself. I am saving alot of cash though. Working 2 jobs 16 hours aday..so ill have my basic uniform soon. There arent alot of events here in Massachussetts. Nor reenactment units for that matter..but there are a few. So realistically im not missing much. I have time to get my kit together and put together a good impression. The bulk of events are not in my state. So ill be traveling. But it will be fun. I dont mind even flying solo. If i play my cards right i imagine i would be able to fall in with a unit and participate,make some connections and find like minds who may be local. This forum is a god send for me. A lot of knowledgable people here who are vetrans of reenacting that know the Dos And Donts..always good and interesting topics for discussion. WW2 is such a broad topic. Always learning somthing new on the subject.
"Was ist das?"
RZM

Post by RZM »

Lol...not one week after asking about repro tournisters,Hessen antique began listing them..not all that impressive looking...im quite happy with the way things have turned out on the tournister matter :)
"Was ist das?"
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

RZM wrote:Lol...not one week after asking about repro tournisters,Hessen antique began listing them..not all that impressive looking...im quite happy with the way things have turned out on the tournister matter :)
Get yourself a rucksack is my two cents :)
As said above the fur tornister was seldom seen, usually as said above left with
the supply wagons etc, it was an early War seen item tbh, i have one and have
never used it at events to be fair just used the rucksacks i have...WHICH were
seen in combat more often, and you will get your money's worth in use which i did.

Have a look at "Battleflag Militaria", he is a UK dealer but ships to the States,
he has a lot of intresting gear, some is expensive but your average equipment such
as rucks, messtins, gasmasks etc are quite reasonable, i use him all the time and never
had a problem, he has some rucks, one is i think around £45, good luck :wink:
Regards Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
RZM

Post by RZM »

I know im deff. Getting the sturmgepak ect..and LuetnantUlrich found me a great tournister..its an item ive wanted for years. (impossible to find in the states)He found me a mint Swiss model..that way i can pack tons of gear for events ect..(but id be wearing the sturmgepack) dependi.g on what i need,at events ect..i will probably pick up a rucksack,but the bulk will be in the tournister. (in my trunk lol)
"Was ist das?"
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

RZM wrote:I know im deff. Getting the sturmgepak ect..and LuetnantUlrich found me a great tournister..its an item ive wanted for years. (impossible to find in the states)He found me a mint Swiss model..that way i can pack tons of gear for events ect..(but id be wearing the sturmgepack) dependi.g on what i need,at events ect..i will probably pick up a rucksack,but the bulk will be in the tournister. (in my trunk lol)
Fair play
Good luck with your portrayment :wink:
Regards Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”