esbit cookers

Moderator: berlin1945

berlin1945

esbit cookers

Post by berlin1945 »

esbit cookers, i have an esbit cooker small version which has 9 small white bricks look like candles in it, how many do i light when wanting to cook all 9 or three at a time , never used these before but curious as to how many white candle like things i should use as i dont have any instructions for the esbit
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
johankreig

Re: esbit cookers

Post by johankreig »

should be the white fire bricks, you dont need many 1 or 2 depending on what your cooking, if your using a mess tin I would say 2 but you could allways add fuel such as small bits of wood to one to make it last longer (used to use the same bricks with my Mamod Steam Engine as a kid)
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Chris Pittman

Post by Chris Pittman »

johankreig wrote:should be the white fire bricks, you dont need many 1 or 2 depending on what your cooking, if your using a mess tin I would say 2 but you could allways add fuel such as small bits of wood to one to make it last longer (used to use the same bricks with my Mamod Steam Engine as a kid)
In my experience it is better to light one at a time. I have found that lighting two at once does not do a much better job heating a mess kit full of food, than a single fuel block. I find that if one fuel block is not enough, getting a second block going right at the end of the first block's burn time is the way to go. Use of a shovel blade or rocks to direct and contain the heat is more effective than using multiple fuel tablets, in my experience.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

thank you both of you , i am very pleased with your replies and your hints are very much appreciated my regards to you both mairtin

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

ill give you a training session this weekend.
graham :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

pepperpot wrote:ill give you a training session this weekend.
graham :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no problems see you sat , safe journey

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”