help with luger & MP40 I.D

Moderator: berlin1945

simon2003

help with luger & MP40 I.D

Post by simon2003 »

Afternoon
ive recently inherited alot of weapons from a relative who passed away and im trying to identify them as best i can,the luger as you can see is quite mottled and im sure its not real the barrel is blocked it does cocks and fire wondering if anyone knows anything about it from the marks

also the mp40 again seems like a replica but is heavy it cocks and fires ,only the magazine thats in it fits the others in the pictures dont but look the same it has absolutly no identifying marks on it any help on either would be great and values if possible.

pepperpot

Re: help with luger & MP40 I.D

Post by pepperpot »

on the top at the back of the mp 40, what does it say? MGC68 for example, if so that a toy replica and the VCR act will apply if the gun can fire blanks. There are a number of different replica mp40's. If they are live firers and im sure other people will give you their honest answer, then you are in possession of both section 5 and 7 which are illegal to own in the UK and might result in a custodial sentence of 5 years. Whats on the mp40 mag?
cant pass comments on the Luger but again someone on here will be able to help you, can you see through the barrels on both weapons? Is the luger 8mm or 9?
graham
simon2003

Post by simon2003 »

i did state that there are absolutly no identifying marks on the mp40 further investigation would suggest that its possibly a denix replica the 3 mags have VIG over M1 over a D in a circle ,they are full of used rounds ,also the lugers barrel is blocked ,i have researched the laws before i took them into my posession thanks
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Then the mags are Vig mags, rather than MP40 mags (pretty much the same for shooting / pouch filling purposes).
If the mags are full, rather than topped up - then take the rounds out. (they'll be buggering the springs)
Gliderinf / Luftlande
ND1

Post by ND1 »

I'm fairly certain the luger is an older Denix one. They have the same info stamped on the side. New denix ones dont have the two screws on the side.
Price wise in that condition not very much, it's got some rustic charm though.
simon2003

Post by simon2003 »

thanks gents may sell as a pair then what do you think i could ask for price wise
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Hard to say without a positive identification of the MP40 replica. For example the MGC68 type (which it does look like) are convertible to blank firers as the steel is good enough, but other all-metal replicas such as Marushin are not, so values are very different. MGC could be £350-450 but Marushin I wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred.

The Denix Luger isn't worth much as the condition is poor...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
WaA363

Post by WaA363 »

Its A denix mp40...

No question about it look at the finish and the Magazine extractor pin...
simon2003

Post by simon2003 »

yes itt is ,its a denix luger also ,about 30 yrs old,as above has a certain charm,,,,all sold now

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”