mp34 question

Moderator: berlin1945

berlin1945

mp34 question

Post by berlin1945 »

just bought an mp34 , beautiful wood work and well looked after , now having owned these but never opening up the aperature on the butt plate, i discovered on doing so a bolt with a screw top and on twisting releases a spring can sone one advise me exactly what i am looking at and it functionality thanks
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Johnny_BoomBoom2000

Re: mp34 question

Post by Johnny_BoomBoom2000 »

berlin1945 wrote:just bought an mp34 , beautiful wood work and well looked after , now having owned these but never opening up the aperature on the butt plate, i discovered on doing so a bolt with a screw top and on twisting releases a spring can sone one advise me exactly what i am looking at and it functionality thanks

Hmmm, I realise that Wiki can be a dangerous source of info sometimes, but this time it may hold the key. The suggestion on the wiki site is that "The return spring was located in the wooden stock and was linked to the bolt via a long push rod, attached pivotally to the rear of the bolt."

Sounds like it may make sense to me! Linky:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP_34

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”